$59 Nobsound Passive Preamp ( 3 inputs and 2 outputs )

Damn Paul that nice. Now I really miss mine. I can't really talk about why I don't think I'll get my amp back. Certain other AKers can't stay out of other peoples business. It's complicated and one of the reasons I'm not around here much any more.

This makes me sad.

I'm trying to move on although I admit this whole episode has left a sour taste in my mouth. I may, on occasion, ruffle feathers around here but I always try to be honest and fair. When I fail I try to man up and apologize. So while I'll still be around I'm not likely to contribute much any more. AK was always fun for me not so much these days.

I'm trying to move on although I admit this whole episode has left a sour taste in my mouth. I may, on occasion, ruffle feathers around here but I always try to be honest and fair. When I fail I try to man up and apologize. So while I'll still be around I'm not likely to contribute much any more. AK was always fun for me not so much these days.

I certainly understand as I've had my share of ups and downs around here. Left for 6 months and almost for good.

It's gotten to be full of argumentative oafs, unfortunately.
I've backed way off here, too -- life's too short to engage the morons at their level.

I like passives too, but this looks like Chinese junk. If they works for your system and you want to hear "nothing" why use this device that has multiple inputs and a power supply? I bet your hearing "something".

Just use a simple volume pot or if you don't want to build one, check out Schitt or Luminous Audio for few bucks more than this one.

I like passives too, but this looks like Chinese junk. If they works for your system and you want to hear "nothing" why use this device that has multiple inputs and a power supply? I bet your hearing "something".

Just use a simple volume pot or if you don't want to build one, check out Schitt or Luminous Audio for few bucks more than this one.
The power supply and circuitry is just for controlling the electronic switching relays... the audio signals themselves are not affected by this in any way - it is a passive device otherwise

FWIW I think you'd be surprised how many Chinese parts and how much Chinese manufacturing there is with a lot of "high end" name brand gear

The power supply and circuitry is just for controlling the electronic switching relays... the audio signals themselves are not affected by this in any way - it is a passive device otherwise

FWIW I think you'd be surprised how many Chinese parts and how much Chinese manufacturing there is with a lot of "high end" name brand gear

For example, Schitt products are designed and assembled in the USA, but they do not manufacture component parts like DAC chips, op amps, resistors, capacitors, switches, LED's, wire, potentiometers, connection jacks, etc.

Most of those parts probably come from China or other Asian countries

Last edited:

China is the world leader in audio but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

I shouldn't have called it 'Chinese junk'. That wasn't my point though in posting, I was responding to your claim that it sounded like "nothing". I shouldn't have commented. Sayonara.

"Sounds like nothing" is what you want from a passive pre if you have high quality amplification down stream. It means the preamp is not coloring or adding it's own sonic signature to the signal.

Back
Top Bottom