6.5 and 7.7 Arisaka reloading recipies ...

BrocLuno

Lunatic Member
Will be getting started reloading the 6.5x50 and the 7.7x58. And later 06 and 303, etc.

A friend of mine gave me a loading press in pieces and pretty well stuck. It was her Dad's and he lived in Santa Barbara (near the sea) so it was pretty rusted from salt air. But, some oil and work and it's free and working pretty smoothly. Old cast Universal 3-station turret circa 1938 :)

So I have to get some dies and decapper and all that for each caliber of interest. I'm leaning towards the Lee four die sets since they come with collet neck sizers and since I have a limited number of rifles, I can keep the reloaded ammo separate for each rifle. Once fired cases can be neck sized only to save on working the brass too much ...

I just got a Lyman 55 powder measure on eBay with the box and instructions for cheap enough. So now to start picking the loads of interest? I was thinking IMR 4064 as sort of a one size fits all powder for these... But maybe one of you'all know of a good medium speed ball powder that will work better?

I'm all ears and eyes to any input you'all can offer...

Nice.

When I reload I get in the zone, forget about the world and just focus.

Reloading is a stress reliever just like listening to music.

Not familiar with your rounds. But, there's a few forums - calguns ( I see you're in Cali ) or thehighroad for the like minded folks. Been a member there since '08.

Yeah, I have a decent post count on both. But you never know where you'll run into another Arisaka shooter :D

I have (2) calibers I need to buy dies for, 7.5x54mm & 7.5x55mm. Damn French, damn Swiss, neither compatible with the other.

I have a sporterized arisaka type 99 that I use for wild boar hunting. I have some really good loads for it, but I'll have to look them up and get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom