6100 Market Value?

RuSsMaN

Pudknocker
Outside of Orion, what are these things going for in real-world dollars?

I've got clean unit, that just had new caps, a new faceplate, and service from Dodd Audio. Also on that note, I'm happy to negotiate a price 'under market' if anyone here at AK is interested. I'd rather get a little less, and keep it 'in the family' vs the hassle of dealing with the general populous via eBay.

Pics to come, and thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Russ

Value

Recently on e-bay two sold for 600 and 300 dollars.

Now the $600 had a cabinet that needed work.
Just my opinion l wouldn't pay $600.

I've got a Mc cabinet, but its missing one of the two 'feet rails'. One of the two lengths of wood that are on the bottom as feet. I have no idea what to call it.

Thanks Mac!

Cheers,
Russ

Russ

Those are called Slant legs. Maybe you could make two new ones. It would help the value. Top buck on the 6100's are in the 550-650. you mileage may vary.

grumpy

Larry, got your pm, Stylecore is up to bat first, he pm'd me last night. For what its worth, you are holding 2nd place...

Here are some pics...

Once again, completely serviced from Dodd Audio (Gary), with new caps, and a new glass facia straight from McIntosh installed.
(the glass alone ran $120)

Last edited:
And again....

Some scratches here and there, but overall VERY clean, and once again, the facia is BRAND new - lettering is awesome. If you see anything in the pic, I can assure you it's a reflection of something in the room.

Case is good, complete, but could use some minor work. Nothing major here, but I can imagine you'd spend a little time with it, if you want it PERFECT.

The case scares me, I don't know why - so whoever takes this pup home, I'm going to ship the case separately, and cover that expense.

The speaker connectors seem to be poorly located on the MA6100, protuding right in front of the metal cage. I would be very careful with bare speaker wires to prevent a short.

Regards,
crooner

BTW, this one isn't for me, as I'm sure most of you saw my recent post about my new Mac 6100. This one's for one of my roommates, who got so jealous after hearing mine that he jumped all over this one. He's going to have a Thorens TD321 w/ Rega RB250 arm and Clearaudio Classic cart running into it, I'm betting it will sound SWEET (as mine sure does with my Linn Basik!).

-Kyle

The Price will vary....

Got one of these 6100 mint on the 'Bay for a low $355 with nice cabinet freight included. Got a half inch of dust--No Charge! The cabinet cleaned up real nice too. I think the grunge protected the wood on it and now its nice--near mint. Cleaned the pots and it gets used daily. Cabinets I have seen go for $150 plus on Ebay.

Seen stores advertise 6100 up to $799. These do have warranties though. Nice unit. Hope this helps. Mine is a definite keeper!

:D
Eric

Back
Top Bottom