6550 tubes marked Leslie

BillWojo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Looking through my stash I came across a set of 6550 tubes with metal bases marked Leslie and made in the USA. Any idea who made these?
Thanks

BillWojo

a Picture would be a help, I'm not sure if Tung-sol made them for Sylvania and RCA
There are Coke bottle and straight walled versions

Coke bottle would likely be Tung-Sol. Straight bottle would likely be Sylvania or General Electric (GE labeled them 6550A). I have a set of RCA-relabeled Tung-Sols in my stash. I know GE relabeled their 6550As for Fender.

I am currently working on a Leslie amp where the 6550's are also labeled Leslie. Mine are the coke bottle, metal based tubes that look identical to Tung-Sol. I did own a Leslie years ago that also used these tubes but were labeled Tung-Sol. I think Leslie used Tung-Sol in a lot of their tone cabinets.

Coke bottle would likely be Tung-Sol. Straight bottle would likely be Sylvania or General Electric (GE labeled them 6550A). I have a set of RCA-relabeled Tung-Sols in my stash. I know GE relabeled their 6550As for Fender.

I'm pretty sure Tung-Sol was the only manufacturer of the ST-bottle style 6550s.

Leslie had / has been making organs until fairly recently so, it maybe Chinese. I think i have seen china 6550 marked Leslie. So, without a picture we would be guessing. Not that there is anything wrong with China 6550. Well, maybe, but that is not the point here.

20180208_161158.jpg 20180208_161158.jpg 20180208_161135.jpg Here is a couple of pics. Probably Chinese. They came with an amp I picked up a few years ago.

I'll have to have them checked on member kve777 tube tester. Very glad to hear that they are Tung Sol.
Thanks guys.

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom