68 customs system

68custom

Addicted Member
Heres a few pictures of my main system and my experimental rig. Main system consists of Onkyo A-7040 integrated amp, I bought this new in 1980 ,has never failed me. Sometime this gets switched out for my Mac-1900, but my wife likes the light display on the Onkyo. Above this is my JVC XL-R5020 CD recorder which works good but requires music CD-Rs. Not pictured is a Onkyo dual well cassette recorder it is OK I guess, doesnt get used much. Below the IA is my wonderful Technics sl-1100a turntable with a stanton 681EEE cartridge and my complete discwasher kit.The stand is an old TV cabinet that I bought years ago ,first thing I ever repurposed. A pair of Velodyne CT-8 subs play on either side, flanked by either Dynaco a-25s, Mission-731s or currently Infinity RS-2s. I took a picture of my Dads old stained glass lamp which he found in an abandoned farm house (supposedly) it is pretty cool though and you can see a few tube radios behind it. Last is my newest rig a Dayton DTA-1 which is used with an 30 gig IPOD and a set of Baby Advent 2s that I refoamed. I probably use the Dayton set up the most right now, I picked up the amp at christmas and have been enjoying it. Hard to believe that little amp play as loud and clean as it does. I also have a pretty good stash in my garage, thanks for checking this out!

Robin

Attachments

• DSC01212.jpg
    DSC01212.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC01213.jpg
    DSC01213.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Wow, a Mac 1900 getting bounced by an early '80's Onkyo integrated. I love it (Which do you like better sonically? Just curious).

I plan on picking up a pair of A25's (as soon as I find them locally for a good price). I've heard them before and really-liked them a lot.

How do you like the Missions? I've heard good things about the 731's. Supposed to be much-better-sounding than their diminutive size would lead one to believe. Did you get them by themselves, or were they originally-part of a mini-system? (I've read about smaller Missions being re-branded for companies like Denon to use in their compact systems)

Nice, old tube-radios. I love that cabinet in the first picture.

I think the Mac sounds better but not alot better, plus Angie (my wife) likes the display the Onkyo has. Mission speakers are a fantastic bargain in British speakers this is my second pair and I like them, the other pair I had were 707s. These 731s sound great but they need a subwoofer or two. and the cabinet is the previous home for an old TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom