7070 okay for CAT5???

No amplifier likes a capacitive load, and that's exactly what a homemade Cat5 cable presents. I see nothing in the prints of the 7070 amp section to suggest that it is either more or less likely to have a problem with a capacitve load.

My own suggestion? Put your efforts into something that will definately make a difference in what you hear without compromising stability. Buy good quality (normal priced) speaker cables and invest in some quality terminals for the speakers ends. At the 7070 end, tin the tip (just the very end) of the speaker lead with solder to keep it from fraying (the spring terminals could also be replaced with binding posts if you're feeling frisky), and have the 7070 tuned up (bias and offset checked and set). If you want to go crazy with the 7070, I just replaced the stock Hitachi opamps with modern Burr-Brown jobs in the one here for repairs...guaranteed to make a difference you will hear.

Been seeing an awful lot of dead Sansui's, hate to see your's added to the list.

Back
Top Bottom