'70's vibe room.....and gear

3kitty

A number of changes of late to the secondary system in our living room.
....I really am enjoying the outcome!

Out - Dynaudio DM 2/7 stand mounts
Out - Pioneer TX 6200 tuner
Out - JVC QL-Y5F TT .....decided to just have the one table in my main listening room / very rarely played records here

In - Dynaco A 35's - recapped...."new" grill cloth
In - Sherwood S-2400 tuner

The one constant is the Luxman L-450 ....and the rack which was built for me by a dear friend

Warm, rich and full soundstage. Amazing what a simple system can sound like.

Thanks for taking a look!

Very classy, clean, and well thought out system and arrangement! Surely you had help from your better half? My man-brain can't conceive of something that looks that nice, but I like it when I see it!

GeeDeeEmm

Nice room and set-up.

Re: lava lamps-- I love the realistic lava color! Also dig the pinkurple one as well. All I can ever find in the stores is green :( ...

When my kids move out, I'm thinking of adding some pro effect lighting to our living room. How's that for 70's?

GJ

I looked for a long while to find this one.....saw a few green as you said...and lots of black!!

There are new of course....but I was looking for something vintage. Finally found this one.

...."pro effect lighting" - go for it! :)

Very classy, clean, and well thought out system and arrangement! Surely you had help from your better half? My man-brain can't conceive of something that looks that nice, but I like it when I see it!

GeeDeeEmm

Thank-you.....I sure did. She found that glass/stainless art piece above the stand.
....we do pretty well together when setting up a room - furniture, colours, etc.
Maybe almost 35 years together helps!

I've got a bunch sitting around not getting used too much; stuff like this:

I've never seen any home listening spaces or living rooms with anything like that before (although I did see a mirror ball out in a farm house parlor one time).

GJ

I have never seen that before....that would get the party started that's for sure!!!

Maybe almost 35 years together helps!

Or hurts! After 44 years of marriage, I've learned that when the subjects of decorating, clothing, or hairstyles come up, it's time for me to shut up and just listen! Better yet, find something else to do. My wife asks my opinion on these things, but when I answer she simply tells me I have no taste, then proceeds to do it the way she had in mind in the first place!

GeeDeeEmm

Or hurts! After 44 years of marriage, I've learned that when the subjects of decorating, clothing, or hairstyles come up, it's time for me to shut up and just listen! Better yet, find something else to do. My wife asks my opinion on these things, but when I answer she simply tells me I have no taste, then proceeds to do it the way she had in mind in the first place!

GeeDeeEmm

....or that too! :dunno:

GeeDeeEmm

The survival strategy is to just agree no matter what. Runs counter to survival to say anything else.

Back
Top Bottom