8 Track Players

rajdreamz

Hello folks.

I own an 8-Track Player and would like to create a thread for other 8-Track enthusiasts.
Be well & God bless.

rajdreamz

Thanx MaZutra! Actually, I own a Wollensack Quadraphonic 8-Track tape deck. I'm taking it to the shop for a little maintenance and TLC (tender loving care). 8-Tracks were a great idea, and it's sad that the tapes and the players weren't perfected. Same with Quadraphonic sound. Now we've got digital sound, which in my view is best described as 'cold'. I prefer analog anytime.

Yes, Welcome....

I've haven't seen any good 8-trak equipment for a long time. If I happen on to a better one I would have grabbed it up, but to no avail....

They're out there. if you're willing to pay the price. I'm amazed at the prices for good condition Wollensaks and Akais. "Good condition" being the qualifier.

As someone once said, oats are expensive; if you're willing to settle for oats that have been through the cow, those are cheaper.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Welcome aboard! I have a vintage Realistic tape player of which I'm only the 2nd owner (not counting the eBay seller who flipped it). I own probably 150 or so tapes as well.

There MAY be a thread in this forum with this intent already? Would have to check to see if so.

8 tracks have always been a part of my musical world as I even had an orig GM player in a 68 Camaro just a short time ago. Got great use out of it with added amps and a bazooka woofer in the trunk. Put out decent sound in stereo no less.

With 1700 or 1800 cartridges, (lost count at this point), but I have just about every genre at my call.

Q

Back
Top Bottom