800B Volume POT Wiring Diagram?

AlphaEcho35

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone have a simple color coded wiring diagram for the volume/power switch for an 800B? I am replacing a non-original switch with yet another non-original switch and the wiring is different. After wiring it in and powering it up, I get high levels of white noise right at the beginning of the turn. It seems as if there is practically no attenuation. I am sure I simply missed a connection point somewhere....

I bought them from a tube repairman who collected them with a view to rebuild, so he only kept the clean ones. He just got too busy and decided to sell off all his Scott and Fishers. I happen to live in the same neighbourhood so I went over there and bought all his Fishers. I wish I had enough money to buy the Scotts also.

Here's the thread I started when I bought them.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....nd-bought-9-tube-fishers.696196/#post-9313612

Mike

gguilot,

Let me know if you need higher resolution pictures or if you need me to take a picture from a different angle.

Mike

gguilot,

Let me know if you need higher resolution pictures or if you need me to take a picture from a different angle.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I'm thinking I might have crossed those two connections near the bottom of the switch - I'll know more tomorrow when I go back into it.

LEFT TO RIGHT The connections are as follows:
Ground (front and back tied together)
Wiper to output Left and Right channels White and black striped shielded wires
input from Balance control. (left and right channels) White and purple wires

Then there is the loudness tap on the other side. It goes off to the loudness switch and then gets grounded.

Back
Top Bottom