8080/9090DB Dobly Switch Problems

CDFixer

Number 1 USC Trojan Fan
Has anyone (Echo this includes you), igured out the pinout for the dolby switch on these receivers. I have one that has a strange problem, the accuating rod form the knob separated and slid out the rear of the switch. I am trying to re-align the switch but there are two posistions in witch each wafer will align. Sansui in there wisdom labeled the switch S01a-h, but on the printed circuit digram it is just S01. Which section is a,b, etc. I think I found sections a and b they are the first and last sections. Go figure.

:confused:

I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out...but we all know the Sansui manuals... :rolleyes:

Echo, I deceided to disassemble the switch and try to figure it out. I am about half through. If I figure it out I will post some diagrams.

Someday if I ever get out that way, maybe we could hoist a pint or two.

:beerchug:

Yikes!! That's always a last-ditch remedy. If I had a 9090db here I'd look, but the manual doesn't specify what part of the contact is what...

Let us know what the result is....

Echo, I think I have it figured out. The switch was toast anyway, unless I could re-align the wafers. I have reassembled the switch and everything is working. I have a diagram that I will share as soon as I clean it up. I will post it here.

Here, is a picture of the connections for the dolby switch. Anyone that wants a copy E-mail me and I will send an 11X17 PDF file.

Back
Top Bottom