80's kenwood components

bryblob

yellow, I just got a km-208 amplifier and kc-208 preamp from the east bay off the coast of puerto rico:) I believe the amp is rated at 150 wpc....can anyone tell me any information about these components? are they decent, crap, ok. I'm driving the amp with infinity column II speakers, and they definitely put out a lot more power than my yamaha cr-620.. thank in advance

Pretty basic gear from Kenwood's "Spectrum" line of rack systems. Not Kenwood's finest by any means, but pretty solidly built, and WAY BETTER than most of the rack systems that were out there in the 80s...that's why you see so darn many of them out there still

While i was checking out my new Kenwood ka-7300,i tried the pre-amp out into a km-207 power amp.Heavy ,huge transformer,big caps and a brushed aluminum box not plastic.
A very solid performer with plenty of power and dynamics.Not knowing any stats i would guess power in the 125-150 watts/p/ch.
I would grab another if it popped up.

cheers

I have several of these amps. As stated they were part of a rack SYSTEM.
I have the km207,km206,km209. All of them have the same ratings as far as I can tell. It seems to me the ampa are the same, but the bells and whistlse on the preamps and other components you could get were changed as you upgraded.

I do not think they are really 150wpc(I should measure one of these). I would suspect more like 75-80 - but that is a guess.

They are not WOW, but they are fairly decent. I use them in my game room and for that they are excellent. They pair up well with cv speakers, but not so well with klipsch. They seem pretty harsh with the klipsch. Basically, I would sumurise them as great entry level sperates for rock.

my$0.02

Happens that I was just sorting through my Kenwood service manuals and I stumbled on this thread.

KM207 and KM209 are both listed as 150wpc.

Back
Top Bottom