80's or 90's technics amps

i think i will be ok then marantz had some good class A's i was looking at but like you said wow they were up there in price

Marantz did "Quarter Class A" design. They made the amp to run first 30W in Class A mode and the rest in A/B.

Marantz PM-84, 94 and 80 (cheaper of the bunch) are good integrateds with Quarter Class A.

The SU-V98. Great amp and bullet proof. My son is really happy with the amp I got it cheap ~ $70

Does it help if I put an H/K sticker on it :D

I'm rebadging his Bose 501s with AR11 badges too

This thread is right up my alley. In the past couple of years I have collected four different amps off of the Bay, all for decent prices. The first was an SU-Z760 that was listed for parts or repair simply because of a bad power switch. I actually got that one for $15 shipped and the power switch cost maybe $8 (they are a common failure and luckily an electronics store here in town has the exact replacement switch). Next I got an SU-V75. Cleaned it up and had some small solder joints fixed up and it delivers about 100 wpc (similar to the SU-Z760). But my other two amps are my favorites, the SU-V4 and SU-V6. The SU-V6 was listed on the Bay so I got it by bidding at the last moment (around $100). Also the seller was local so I didn't have to pay shipping. I prefer the look and build quality of that first series from 1980. Very well made stuff. But the SU-Z760 and the SU-V75 are both capable amps as well, just made in the 80s so the front is plastic instead of aluminum.

This page has some information on some of their amps, just not all....

http://vintagetechnics.co.uk/integrated.htm

yea coonmanx,i have that site locked in it is a good one yea there are some good tech's on the bay like you said just gotta sit and wait for one then snatch it up,i just wish i was more tech savvy so i could work on them but i am too clumsy and impatient,,i pretty much have to go for something that is said to be fully functional.

i have had a lot of technics gear over the years ,it seems to find it way back to my place with not even trying,just a few days ago a sl-15 found its way here ,lol

the two amps i have been most happy with are the su v85a and the newer su v670

how ever the 670 had a svi chip and hard to come by if gives up

mike

yep just got done ,he wanted 175 got im to do 160 ,he wanted to ship usps,, i told him i would pay 175 if he did fed ex ,,usps sucks really bad any way its mine here is a breakdown of some lit i found i gotta fix it though it is garbled

Technics
SU-V8X INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER ¥ 108,000

pre-main amplifier technics was released in 1983. Technics brand Pyuao already now
we would withdraw from the audio field, but released one after another high-performance equipment in the technical approach, consumer electronics
among the brand, it was a brand that continues the longest, was showing my best. In the field of pre-main amplifier,

early
expand the tour de force ambitious Kukara, in the field of so-called "non-switching amplifier", of 1979 SU-V10
since, expand due to "synchro bias circuit" and the "New Class A", The SU-V8X is a low distortion far
had the contents of stack steadily technical challenge to. Power amplifier part, low distortion, and the pursuit of high-power and wide D-range, technics built up so far now technology of low-distortion mosquitoes> came "synchro bias," "linear feedback", "computer drive" is turned on and . In the circuit that controls the bias of the output stage to the input signal synchronization by (sync), "synchro bias" is flop the output stage of the negative side is stopped amplifying effect, negative when the signal at Las side containing the signal on the side to give a bias, such as by passing a constant current output stage on the positive side, it is so as not to cut off the output stage pleasure was, of SU-V10 since it was "variable bias" method.

"Computer Drive" method is a technology developed mounted in 1981, control of the bias was one using a micro computer. Temperature sensor provided on the output transistor upper portion of the internal amplifier original information as well from the server, the information that is input from a signal sensor for detecting the music signal itself in the microcomputer temperature activity instantaneous instantaneous output transistor calculates the idling current is to be to input in real time to the bias circuit as output information, a bias for the optimum value, always in the output transistor is driven at the optimal idling current, crossover distortion is substantially zero and was that to be suppressed. "Linear feedback" the thing which was developed in 1980, as other many manufacturers at the time the NFB of distortion improvement it was something as opposed to deny, and to let alive actively. Enables infinite amplification NFB loop as it forms a feedback circuit that is independent such that, it tries to achieve a strain zero as the theoretical value, specifically, electrostatic the pressure change width portion PFB to the (common-mode feedback) gamble, outgoing front to take a big gain, distortion over a large amount of NFB there was a method to (40dB or more at any upper limit of 20kHz) greatly reduced, and take greater damping factor.

The SU-V8X, development of new "power linear circuit" has been further mounted. This "power linear Sir Kit ", high-power, and low-impedance load, the operation of the output stage in harsh conditions for the amplifier and the thing that try to guarantee, to further extend the "linear feedback", current of the amplifier output stage the effect drive the circuit which was to enhance the linearity, distortion effects improved low-impedance load is now been obtained had. Output stage, parallel push-pull with two para connecting the high-voltage transistor, a three-step Darlington configuration was to achieve a large output of 150W +150 W (6Ω). Low ESR power supply unit that supports the output stage of this large output, powered by the (equivalent series resistance) and smoothing electrolytic capacitor × 4, full L · R independent design from the rectifier circuit is taken shut the interference between channels is out. Instantaneous current supply capacity of 300A had been secured. Further, performance in the Lower transformer using oxygen-free copper wire winding, a high density thick lines more than 20% as compared with the conventional transformer is equipped with what you take off, adopted full sort winding own , magnetic shield cable triple total, the windings in the nest, were sealed special resin seal to suppress the mechanical vibration. Power supply unit and the output stage, had been adopted "outlet Federated power block". This radiator integral to block, comparator large-signal and large current section electrolytic capacitor, power supply circuit, drive circuit, such as a power transistor and those concentrated in the project were (concentrate), large-signal and large current section occurs strong magnetic field in the signal path of the other , I was one that attempts to prevent the influence. The ones corresponding to the MC cartridge, phono equalizer is a high resistance and the first rank differential amplifier of ultra-low-noise FET adoption had become the ICL structure that combines pressure and high slew rate operational amplifier. As a result, phono SN ratio 88dB (MM I was to achieve the characteristics 2.5mV), 72dB of (MC · 250μV).

So as to make use of the tone control circuit effects "Linear Feedback", main en tone control circuit, and BASS using the NF loop-flop is composed of TREBLE of NF-CR type, high SN ratio and achieve low distortion are directly below. In turnover switching type, tone control, BASS · 250Hz/500Hz, TREBLE · 2kHz/4kHz was to be switched in. Also, when straight DC position and pass the tone control circuit it had become to be able to. The input system, phono while one system, the high-level input, and, AUX1, AUX2, TAPE1, TAPE2 TUNER, CD provided 6 systems, notation Video, TV, VTR, the DA tape, etc. are also shown in position switch The place where you are, digital feel digital audio, such as AV, the movement of the era of the time, it is interesting to see now. On the rear panel, external device connection terminal is equipped with further, are now available in convenient graphic equalizer directly below. As described above, advanced circuit technology is turned on, with physical properties superior, SU-V8X is, like pre-technics was a main amplifier. Operating state protection, straight DC, via tone switching, the computer drive in the center display showing the are arranged vertically, futuristic design that used many push buttons, good physical properties of smooth impression both of sound to let you feel the difference It was what lead.

Wohooo!!! That is a fine amp you got for a nice deal. :beerchug: Congrats Leon!

Get ready to do some cleaning on all pots and switches with contact cleaning spray for electronics (like Deoxit).

technics-su-v8x-236976.jpg

i am as happy a fly on sh-- ,,this should keep my hunger down for a while i knew a good one would turn up there were some other v8's at twice the price so i think i did good the proof will be when i get it though,,i am sure some will say i could have done better ,,but i am satisfied and isnt that all that matters.only thing i need to figure out is does the x mean japanese version which i read is really beefed up

thank you sir!!!!, yea i just got a new can of deox. i will just blow it out real good if it needs it dont wanna jack up anything if it plays fine i will not deox it ,,you guys are probaly gonna laugh but this is solely for the television and i am gonna get a laptop with a good sound card for digital music and youtube might need to get a dac too but i will cross that road when i get to it

Back
Top Bottom