80's or 90's technics amps

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by cleonjr, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Synchro-bias

Synchro-bias New ClassA

The harvards will be great with the V8X, in the meantime till you find other speakers :banana:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Synchro-bias

Synchro-bias New ClassA

:D np SVI2004A, she looks in great condition

3. Synchro-bias

Synchro-bias New ClassA

Hi Clean,
    Noticed the shorting pins were missing on the eq/preamp out were missing in your pictures. Find some jumper pins. I dont have any EQ, but i had some in the past ( not a good branded ones, they boost the sound).

I love your V8X photos :grnbounce , really looks awesome in silver.

4. Synchro-bias

Synchro-bias New ClassA

I am impressed the harvards can go to 11 0'clock. I keep my V8X around volume 2. As long as the specs and the woofer are suited to the box, it could be an option, or wait till some speakers show up on craigslist etc

5. cleonjr

cleonjr Super Member

yea the 11 o'clock on the harvards was just so i could get a reference i play at around 9'oclock.that is plenty loud.compared to same volume for my pioneer was 11 or 12 o'clock and it was rated at 90 watts,that is how i know this v8x has immediate power.

will the rca cables be ok untill i get some jumper pins to close those ports with?

6. Synchro-bias

Synchro-bias New ClassA

The Harvards will be great till you find more speakers. 9 o'clock is where I play my V8X also, plenty of volume there. I think Technics were conservative with their power ratings also. The RCAs will be fine till you find some jumper pins.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. numbvox

numbvox New Member

I know this is an old topic, sorry for resurrecting it, but i found it helpful. I'm an old loyal (and former) Technics owner and loved the several units I've owned back in the 80s/90s. I haven't owned a dedicated system in over 20 years. This thread was a good stepping on point for me to rediscover Technics. It was the first unit I bought as a teen. I still have my old Technics branded cabinet that my very first unit came in which I'm going to clean up and use for the new system.

8. Reel 2 Reel

Reel 2 Reel Mad Dog Junkie

I been a Technics fan for years.. Started out in 2000 with a SA-AX6 that I used for years. sa-ax6grof.jpg

..luved it till it started getting stressed out..and having heating issues. Then after shopping for amps on-line I came across this beauty from 96. Technics SA-TX50 s-l1600.jpg

9. numbvox

numbvox New Member

Wow. love the looks of that TX50!!