9090 Knobs

Blue Meanie

Scratch 'n' Sniff
Would anyone have a few knobs for a 9090 they could sell me?
I'm missing the ones for the loudness switch, and the mono/stereo switch. Or would these be referred to as "handles", or something else besides "knobs"? I always think of knobs as something with a rotary movement...
Anyway, thanks for your time!:D

Jeff

The 9090's seem to lose their knobs often.
Take a look at my 9090DB post in this forum.
Take a look at the small "mic" knob all the way on the bottom right of the unit.
If you can live with knobs that are not an exact match, but close, you can get them at www.mouser.com

Originally posted by bookasan
The 9090's seem to lose their knobs often.
Take a look at my 9090DB post in this forum.
Take a look at the small "mic" knob all the way on the bottom right of the unit.
If you can live with knobs that are not an exact match, but close, you can get them at www.mouser.com

Thanks for the help! I got the 9090 for free, so I'm not that fussy about the knobs. Will definitely check out mouser.com

Thanks again!

Jeff
P.S. None of my PIONEER stuff ever lost knobs! :D

Once on the Mouser website, click on the "catalog" tab at the top then type in page 900 in the "page" field. I think the knobs are on pages 900-903. I Think the Eagle Aluminum knobs (style# D) was the closest match. You will have to measure the dia. and shaft dia. of your knobs to compare. there are about 4 different sizes.
The "natural" color is the plain aluminum. They have small set screws, but I was able to get them to work with no problem.
The part#s are 450-6003 through 450-6007.
It also looks like the Alcoswitch (style D) knobs may work (Part #'s 506-KLN500A1/8 or 506-KLN700A-1/4) depending on the shaft dia.

Hope this helps.

Once on the Mouser website, click on the "catalog" tab at the top then type in page 900 in the "page" field. I think the knobs are on pages 900-903. I Think the Eagle Aluminum knobs (style# D) was the closest match. You will have to measure the dia. and shaft dia. of your knobs to compare. there are about 4 different sizes.
The "natural" color is the plain aluminum. They have small set screws, but I was able to get them to work with no problem.
The part#s are 450-6003 through 450-6007.
It also looks like the Alcoswitch (style D) knobs may work (Part #'s 506-KLN500A1/8 or 506-KLN700A-1/4) depending on the shaft dia.

Hope this helps.

Hey bookasan,
Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, whenever I attempt to look at a pdf file, aol causes some kind of error, closing the pdf file and shutting down aol. I got a brief look at the knobs you mentioned, but don't think they will work. The knobs I need are the same ones used for the lever(?) switches on the 9090/9090DB to select the turnover frequency of the bass and treble knobs. They don't mount onto a cylindrical rotary shaft, they go on those flat levers.

But I do appreciate your effort at helping, especially with the part numbers. When I went to the site yesterday without part numbers, I realized that I could be searching for hours to find what I need, due to the pdf/aol problem I mentioned.

I may just stop at the electronic repair shop down the street from me and see if maybe he has a bucket of old knobs from trashed equipment.

Thanks again for your efforts!:D

Jeff

I guess if I would have read more carefully, I would have realized that.:withstpd:
The ones you need would be a bit tougher to come across.
Oh well.........
You could always buy mine just for the knobs:D

I guess if I would have read more carefully, I would have realized that.:withstpd:
The ones you need would be a bit tougher to come across.
Oh well.........
You could always buy mine just for the knobs:D

True, I could buy yours just for the knobs. But then what do I do with a 60 pound paperweight?:p:

Actually, I could use the wood case too. It's in better shape than mine. And the black plastic bezel around the glass faceplate-some of the silver is wearing off of mine...

Anyway, sorry to hear of your difficulties with your 909DB. Sure is in fantastic cosmetic condition though...

Thanks again for your help in trying to locate the knobs I need!:D

Jeff
P.S. Not that I could afford it, but how much were you thinking of asking for your 9090DB, if you don't mind me asking? Couldn't you make more money parting it out?

I'm asking $150 for it.
I have it posted in the for sale forum.
I probably could make a few bucks more parting it out, but I think in this case, I would rather just see it find a good home.
I could have it fixed for under $100, but I originaly got this unit to re-sell.
Since I started having problems with it, I just decided to go back to my original plan.
If somebody pays $100 to have it fixed, they can have a near mint 9090DB for $250 (not bad!).

I'm asking $150 for it.
I have it posted in the for sale forum.
I probably could make a few bucks more parting it out, but I think in this case, I would rather just see it find a good home.

And I guess parting it out would take a lot more time and effort too. Probably not worth the trouble. Damn! I sure could have used those knobs.:D

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom