1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

9090 Selector Switch Capacitor

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by robdunn, Jul 16, 2017.

1. robdunn

robdunn New Member

Hi all. I just bought a 9090 that needs some work. It needs a good cleaning, but has already been recapped. I am noticing on the selector switch there is a capacitor that seems to be missing. On the bottom side of the board where the selector switch is soldered on, I see pictures showing a capacitor soldered between the second and third pin, but I cannot find any reference for what it should be. It appears that the third pin would only get feed through that Cap, since the point on the board goes nowhere. Can someone help? I hope I explained this clearly enough.

2. Hipocrates

Hipocrates AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hello, welcome to audiokarma.

Do you have a picture? I'm looking on mine and I can't see it.

3. moefuzz

moefuzz Active Member

I'm not familiar with the board or the receiver
    but often Sansui made running line changes that either eliminated a component here or there.
    Maybe Sansui thought it was never meant to be and eliminated that leg of the circuit?

?
    But then again, maybe not..
    Pics would help.

4. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

It's in the SM (page 16).
    It's a 1uF/50V EC cap which is a PITA to get to as it requires total removal of the F-2597 connector circuit board.
    If you get to it, perhaps move it to the other side so it would be easier in the future.

Hyperion likes this.
  5. robdunn

robdunn New Member

I found some pictures online for reference, and I took some pics of mine. You can see the cap in the pic named "9090 bottom", and it is missing in mine. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

6. Hipocrates

Yupe, no present on mine. That board is the F-2541 (Eq board), bbut that cap seems to be a 1uf 50v e.c.
    I have the service bulletin requested on the other thread but I can't upload it because is too big, I can send it to you by email if you wish.

7. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

OK, now with the pictures it's more clear. Yup, I got it too. Same as before. 1uF/50V EC but undocumented.

[​IMG]

Hipocrates likes this.
  8. Hipocrates

I wonder what it does

9. tnsilver

tnsilver Super Member

I'd guess it's a snubber that was added once loud pops and clicks were reported between function switching...

Hipocrates likes this.
  10. robdunn

robdunn New Member

11. robdunn

robdunn New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are all heaven sent. This is a great resource that just does not exist elsewhere. I look forward to spending more time here, and learning more. Is there a section somewhere that I can learn the ins and outs of the whole site. There is a lot here.
    That makes sense.

Hipocrates and Hyperion like this.
  12. robdunn

robdunn New Member

That would be great...robdunn@rogers.com

13. Skywatcher

Skywatcher AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have noticed Sansui tends to have components numbered in the 9xx range that are mounted on the back of boards, are listed, but not actually designated or have a silkscreen marking. Things for example R901, R902 that are on the F-2624 driver board and mounted on the back.