9090db measurements?

cheerwino

Hello. I've got a Sansui 9090db on the way and it just hit me that I need to make room. Could someone tell me the exterior measurements of the receiver? I couldn't find it listed anywhere online. I know it's huge.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm a newbie, so please be gentle.

Cheerwino

If you havent seen it before, this is a nice ad that appeared in hi fi mags when Sansui introduced the model in 1977 (the non DB's came out a year earlier in '76) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3030844557&category=3279

Can you say "built like a TANK" ? :)

By 1984, Sansui receivers looked like this (see below), more "digitalized" with knobs on there that feel as hollow as ping pong balls and some teeny-tiny, fingernail-thin switches such as those speaker selector & filter switches:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3030899113&category=3279

B/F

Thanks!

Thanks for the measurements BeatleFred!

I better go take my saw to the entertainment center to make room for this beast of a receiver. Thanks too for the links to the ad and photos.

The 9090db is my Father's Day present. My 5-month old has good taste. But, pretty soon I'll have to settle for scribbled crayon cards, which I will happily hang on the fridge.

I'm hooking the Sansui up to JBL 4311b control monitors. The things were loud when hooked to a Marantz 2235b. I can't wait to hear the speakers with almost four times that much power!

I'll report back the results, provided the thumping 4311s don't fall off the shelf and squash me.

Thanks again,

Cheerwino

It's a Carolina thing.

Yes Wideone, I live in North Carolina, home of Cheerwine. For those who are curious, Cheerwine is a cherry soda (wine colored, non alcoholic) that's been around since 1917. The Carolina Beverage Company, which makes the syrup and markets Cheerwine is based in Salisbury, NC, near Charlotte. But, I live down east, as they say, near Raleigh. It's actually not as popular out here as it is in the western part of the state. The Cheewine near Salisbury is far superior to what they bottle out here. Seriously!

It's a niche product, to say the least. In fact, their tagline used to be "Cheerwine: It's a Carolina Thing." Now they distribute regionally. In fact, they just went national as an "alternative" drink, so you might find it at a deli or specialty store elsewhere in the country. I'm addicted to the stuff (must have a high caffeine content). Hence, Cheerwino. You can check out my very out-of-date web site at www.cheerwino.com

Glad you are a Cheewino too! The high caffeine makes it a good jam out drink to complement classic tunes, if I may say so.

-Cheerwino

Back
Top Bottom