9090db

trevorlane

Hi I just recently purchased a 9090db and I've been having problems with a the left and right channel occasionally going out. As of now one channel is completely out. When I put it into Mono mode then sound comes back out of both channels. Could the internals of my amp be too dusty? And if needed, could I contact anyone that does repair work on this receiver? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Welcome to AK you came to the right place. I have the 8080 and it sounds like it needs its pots and switches cleaned. Do a search on pot cleaning and you will find the info you need.

Ron

If it is a 9090DB it probably has bad connections on the dolby switch board. There are several feed thru connections on this board and they will cause this problem. Resoldering all the feedthru connections will probably correct the problem.

Note: There are a lot of these connections, I don't have my manuals with me on this trip but I would guess that there are more that 20.

well i went through the amp and cleaned as much of it as possible. boy there were quite a bit of spiderwebs inside. the channel cutout stopped for now. i'm not sure how much longer this will last. i have had little experience soldering, and even less with a stereo amp. i will see if i can find a pro to help me, although if i could be referred to someone who might be able to help me i would be greatful, thanks.

Dirty Pot

I had the same and similar problem with my 890db.One channel seemed to drop off occasionally.Worked fine in mono.The trouble was a dirty pot.The main dolby selector switch,the one right of the two little knobs.Try cleaning that pot out really good, you can only get at it from the bottom as I recall...might make all the difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom