1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

90's Infinity CS Video

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by OCTAVIOUS, Dec 6, 2018 at 1:50 PM.

1. OCTAVIOUS

OCTAVIOUS New Member

I am curious even though I love the sound of my system. When I run the AccuEQ on the Receiver the HZ's for all of my speakers are dead on the spec sheets for all but the CS Video Center. the spec sheet shows 90-35kHz but AccuEQ show up at 150Hz. I just refoamed the 5.25's in the center last weekend and it showed exactly the same after the refoam as well. Again, it sounds great with movie dialoge and music but i just didnt understand the setting. I checked polarity. Again I think it all sounds great and its only 25 years old (cones are tight and no evidence at all of coil scrape ect.) Thoughts??

Onkyo TX-NR737
    Infinity CS Video center
    Cerwin Vega Vs-100's L/R (love these)
    Cerwin Vega CLSC-15s 300 watt sub
    Infinity sterling 2002 L/R Rear
    Infinity primus 153's front high Atmos

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Please register to disable this ad.

2. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

You can try a test tone app on your smartphone hooked to the aux input on your receiver, and see if the output goes as low as it's supposed to.

Also, make sure the woofers aren't out of phase with one another, that could affect the bass.

3. OCTAVIOUS

OCTAVIOUS New Member

I actually did that while doing the refoam--got a good tone @50hz. I will check the out of phase idea.

thanks

4. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

I have an older (ca 2008) Onkyo receiver in my home theater. After running the Audyssey setup I found I still had to tweak the crossover frequencies somewhat, especially when it comes to the subwoofer. I would have hoped that the tech had improved somewhat in the intervening years, but don't be afraid to adjust the parameters afterwards if it doesn't seem right. Better to get it to sound good than to worry why it's not being set up correctly.

5. OCTAVIOUS

OCTAVIOUS New Member

I agree, I don't have a problem changing them i was just wondering if that center is getting below the 150hz or what is the problem

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM
  6. OCTAVIOUS

OCTAVIOUS New Member

If If i was going to upgrade the center, using my current L/R's ---suggestions for a new Center in the 300-350 dollar range???
    REFERENCE RC263???

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Please register to disable this ad.

7. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

If you're going to get a new center, I'd recommend looking for one that more closely matches your Cerwins. I've never been a CV guy but I suspect that most Infinity speakers are voiced completely differently.

8. OCTAVIOUS

OCTAVIOUS New Member

I not sure even a new Vega would be
    Matched. I am just attached to my first real stereo purchase that I just don’t want to give them up

9. swechsler

swechsler Frog Whisperer

How about a CV VS-80, assuming you have the space? Center speakers don't need to have an MTM arrangement.