1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

990DB Project Thread

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by dpcornell, May 10, 2018.

1. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

I have seen that as well. Had me scratching my head for a bit.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

Yep I have seen that too, happened to me on my G22000, and my G9000, I had a QRX8001 come in for a input selection fault which was the same thing.

I think the deoxit dissolves or weakens the small dob of glue they put on those shafts.

I put a small amount of Silicon glue/sealant on the shaft, in the inside of the last wafer if I can get to, that solves the issue...

3. Sonytubes

Sonytubes Active Member

Interesting! Can you post a picture of the shaft issue?
    Thanks for the write up.

4. dpcornell

dpcornell AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks. That is in my shopping list for my next trip to the hardware store. I don't suppose there is a method to glue the shaft further into the switch?
    I will look at some disassembly guides.

I sure can when I get the dolby board out (for like the 4th time now).

5. kevzep

I do it that way, so its easy to take it apart when you have to remove it and dismantle in the future....only take a little dab, as they say, a little dab will do ya....

6. dpcornell

IMG_20180516_1742536.jpg Before, you can see how far out the shaft of the switch is (I pulled it out slightly so you could see it better).
    IMG_20180516_1743057.jpg Here it is after I pushed it back.

I am having some trouble accessing the shaft to put the silicone on it. I tried using one of my electronics screw drivers to place it in between the last wafer and the black board. I don't know if it will hold. I may have to seek a more permanent solution by putting silicone inside the actual switch knob. Unfortunately I may have to actually take it further apart than I had planned in order to do that....

Please register to disable this ad.

7. kevzep

Yeah the ones I have done were a bit easier to access than that one. She's fully crammed that one!!

8. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

The one I had. The shaft " clicked" into place securely.

9. dpcornell

Unfortunately, each time I turn the Dolby knob the shaft backs out just enough to cause audio issues. I will take another crack at it when I do a full recap and relamp.
    In the mean time it is getting some play time. Man, does it get loud!