A-1000 right channel issue

Have been busy so haven’t posted anything in some time. Since last post, I have made some progress in my A1000. All switches and pots have been cleaned. Got bottom taken off to look for poor solder joints and noticed some nasty, crusty brown stuff “flux” on the board where the 3 legged transistors connect to it. Cleaned all that off, Lo and behold, the pulsating when powering on disappeared! Also noticed some of the legs sticking out from board form the resistors and transistors and jumpers were bent over to the point some were actually touching adjacent legs, solder joints. I now have good sound thru both left and right channels. Listened to it today thru my kittinger ER18 knockoffs I made about 2 years ago. All I can say is WOW. Very crisp, clean presentation from the amp. I think I will wait until I have time to re-solder and finish cleaning off glue before I hook them up to my 1000xw’s as I don’t want anything bad to happen to them. Thanks to all who have helped point me in the right direction and will add info here as I make more progress

Last edited:
Nice troubleshooting! Sounds like that goo turned mildly conductive and got some devices acting crazy.
I've noticed long legs on some components and usually trim them up. Luckily, close as they were to adjacent parts, I haven't had any making contact.

I'm listening to my A-1000 right now and agree with your assessment. This is one excellent integrated and worth the trouble to get in good shape again.

You should eventually address the glue issue as it will cause you more issues down the line.
Mine had an extra helping of glue on the main and input board that corroded or destroyed around 30 components. Luckily most I've seen have a lot less of a mess to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom