A=432hz vs A=440hz

Hey folks what about some of the European orchestras that still tune above 440. Maybe thats why there are so many wars over there. Could this explain the unrest in the far east? Run that by all the Oriental and Indian cultures that use a totally different diatonic scale.

Remember mathematics is a man made way of trying to explain the universe. And as others have proven there are many different ways up the mountain, and some of them use different forms of calculations grouped together called mathematics.

A related issue is that there have been different standars throught history, in particular in Europe during the XVIII and XIX centuries. It is a common practice in classical music recordings of earlier music to adopt the pitch and the instruments used at the time (different from their present day descendants). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A440_(pitch_standard)

The Vienna Philharmonic tunes to 443Hz according to Wikipedia.

Sounded great when I attended in the Musikverein this April.

I'm waiting for somebody to jump in with the "don't criticize it if you haven't tried it" response.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if some music sounded 'better' when tuned to a different frequency, whether it is up or down. I remember hearing a clip of what I think was a female vocalist played at something like half speed. It sounded like a male, and it also sounded real good.

As for tuning A to a different frequency, isn't that like telling everybody to just play in a different key?

bs

I read about some history of this dating back to Germany put in by the nazi's. I lost a lot of data and links on a HD failure. But its easy for people used to made up bs to discount this but being off a few hrz does make a difference being off harmony. This is not fubar but reality. I'll see if I can dig some things up again. sorry keeped things vague a bit here till I can dig this stuff back up. Most music worldwide has been tuned to A=440 Hz since the International Standards Organization (ISO) promoted it in 1953. You ever wonder why they did this?

I liked the part about being even multiples of pulse and respiration, like everybody's are the same and constant to within 2%.

Back
Top Bottom