A-909 info?

scissors

My friend has the A-909 and the tuner to go with it. We are thinking about piecing this with some of our equipment so we could get a stereo system together. Does anyone have any info on the amp specifically? I went to a few sites, and they dont even list this line under the product history of Sansui. Its been described as a combo rack system? Whats the difference between the regular AU type amps? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

As far as I can tell from the Sansui database, the A-909 was an 80's unit (probably 1983-1984 range) and it is listed as 60 watts / ch.

Although I suspect that this A-909 model was the top of that series, the difference between it and the AU-919, for example, is likely to be the robustness of the build - by the early 80's all manufacturers were looking for ways to cut costs and were dropping the extras off their units. Therefore, the A-909 is likely to be lighter and use less expensive materials as compared to the AU-919.

Perhaps BeatleFred will help here. He's the walking encyclopedia of Sansui trivia.

Paul

Read my reply to the post by JrsGirl84 ('Is it worth selling?'), basically what I wrote there about the A-9, applies to the A-909.

B/F

Back
Top Bottom