A Bad, BAD, Good, BAD, Good Day.

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
Stay with this post for awhile, and you will see a day to end all days.

Woke up at 2:18 AM like I was hit by a bolt of lightning in my lower back. The worst arthritis flare up I've ever had. Fell back asleep only to wake up EVERY time I moved the slightest bit. HAD to go to work due to a heavy training schedule today.

Stepped out the door at 6:30 AM to an absolute downpour. It rained like this up till about 9AM. I was worried that my handicapped 18 year old daughter's schoolbus had trouble negotiating the rain. I called my wife at work about 10AM to see if she had the number with her, so that I could call the school. My wife informed me that she (my wife) was experiencing severe upper chest pains, and was being taken to the emergency room. Luckily, my wife works 4 stories above the emergency room. I blew out of work to the hospital, where we sat for about 5 hours going through tests. The good part is it appears she tore some muscles in her upper chest lifting my daughter, who weighs about 80 lbs. This is GOOD because it wasn't some type of heart attack.

I got my wife home and situated comfortably, and went out to get the painkiller prescription filled. As I walked across the parking lot with the scrip, the "White Van" approached me. YUP, THAT White Van. A first for me. SURE, I want to buy some speakers. While they parked their van, I got into the Gray Shark and departed, LAUGHING. The guys caught up to me at a traffic light, and inquired as to why I split. I told them I was aware of the scam, and that I had already taken note of their license plate number. The driver made a comment about my wifes sexual technique, and sped off. After I got home with the scrip, I had to go out again to pick up my special needs daughter. I took my wifes Windstar for this trip. While waiting at a red light, and watching the oncoming traffic, here comes the White Van!!!

If anybody sees that white van, be sure to ask the driver EXACTLY what it feels like to get hit squarely in the face with a lit Lucky Strike non-filtered cigarette, cause that is EXACTLY what happened to him!!!

It's not over. At dinner, I poured 4 glasses of cherry Juicy Juice for my family. My HEALTHY daughter, was the one who got the one with the two glass slivers in it. She noticed them as she put it up to her lips. No she did not drink them. The real lucky break is that I could just as easily have given that glass of juice to my handicapped daughter, who would've sucked them up through a straw, and we would not have known a damn thing.

I hope this day ends soon, and smoothly.

No heavy lifting for my wife for a few days. Plenty of heavy lifting for me over the next few days. My back is shot, will definitely get worse, but I am fortunate to have my daughter home to lift, instead of in the emergency room with glass slivers lodged in her throat.

LUCKY Toasted Almond

Wow, incredible. And here I was feeling depressed because my 19 year old son had me served with papers indicating that he intends to sue me for not GIVING him enough money. Man, I now feel like I am getting off easy. Hope the rest of the year goes well for you.

Originally posted by House de Kris
Wow, incredible. And here I was feeling depressed because my 19 year old son had me served with papers indicating that he intends to sue me for not GIVING him enough money. Man, I now feel like I am getting off easy. Hope the rest of the year goes well for you.

What???? :confused:

TA-

Wow man! Bad Karma for sure! Sounds like you pulled out of most of the bad s--t though!

I don't know, I stopped having days like that when I moved out of the Big City. NOTHING happens up here!......Come to think of it, maybe that's not so bad.......

Gotta be a brighter day ahead, hope the back clears up!

Lee

Thanks guys. Once I get a few more things squared away here, I am going to pour myself a LARGE glass of rum. Wish RussMan was here to help with the bottle, seeing how he's feeling the need also.

Nestle's told me they were sending me a couple coupons for Juicy Juice. Yet another bright spot.

LUCKY Toasted Almond

TA

Wow man that's a real pisser of a day. Bet you thoroughly enjoyed winging that dude with the lucky strike. I would pay to see a pic of his face as it hit em.

Hope thing get back to normal very quickly.

Grumpy

Hey TA, You and Grumpy related?;) Glad eveything turned out
a lot better than it could have! Nailing the white van guy, does it
get any better?:smoke:

Carl

TA, you and House de Kris both deserve to set back and enjoy a good shot of something! Keep that positive attitude and things can only get better.

-Dave

Tell ya what. My kid ever sues me for money i tell him there is no need to tie up the courts. All he's gotta do is take it from me...if he can :twak:

TA,Kris, geez guys and Merry Xmas,After reading your posts I need a drink and I don't drink!

Better Days Ahead

Alan

Hey TA,

Your attitude is fantastic. Many would just look at the crap, instead you sound appreciative of what could have (but didn't) go even worse.

As for being sued by offspring. Sheesh, I wouldn't expect much for X-mas if I was him.

And then, I notice Dave's new Avatar and about crap myself.

Good Goobley Goo!

Hell Guys

That's the shit. Tomarrows another day... let's hope it's a good one. Keep the faith. MikE

On a briter note...when you have hit the bottom....theres only one way to go.........up....

Hope tomorrow fares better fer ya....

Sleep tight..and don't let the bedbugs bite........:yuck:

A son taking legal action against his dad because he doesn't GIVE him enough money makes my probs look small. Good luck Kris.

Grump,

Open window, moving van, about 2 knots of cross-wind, and STILL got him square in the face. Saw the license plate from about 100 feet away, which gave me plenty of time to lean out the window a little to get his attention, otherwise it would have hit him in the side of the head. The other bonus was he had a N.Y. Yankees hat on too, so the punk was enemy anyhow. Brooklyn Dodgers ONLY in my home. I only wish there could've been some gas fumes in that van as well.

This is a GREAT glass of rum tonight, and tomorrow is another day. Today is already yesterdays paper.

Toasted "Very Satisfied with Himself Today" Almond

Reel is looking like Zappa in the new avatar. Now I like him even more.

TA,

Ah, one of those days that make you wonder WTF??? Hang in there bro, it's got to get better.

F1

Back
Top Bottom