A belated hello!

thisOne

Listen...
Hello everyone on AK.

Although I'm not really a brand spanking new member (nor am I a vintage one) I realized that AK now has an Intro Forum (which must be fairly new, yes?), so I thought that I'd post something about myself.

My name is Richard. As you can see from my signature I've managed to collect a whole bunch of vintage Marantz (mostly). For me, this audio obsession started fairly recently, when my Luxman Integrated amp gave up the gost and I discovered that the foam surrounds on my Snell Acoustic speakers became gray flakes.

I realized that I needed something to ply some tunes with so after momentarily considering a Bose Sound Dock for my iPod (yes, it was a moment of severe audio disorientation) I did some looking around on that auciton site and was smitten by the looks of a Maranz receiver.

In was then after several buys and sells of a few pieces (like a 2285b which I regretted getting rid of so I promptly got another one, and a couple of 2500 receives which I really do not miss all that much), I settled on the Marantz and Pioneer pieces you see in my signature.

Somewhere along the way I found AK and signed up. I've (clearly) made some posts prior to making proper introducitons and if any of you found some of my posts irritating then please do forgive.

I think I'm now at a crucial junction of my audio mania, which is to sell off some of my Marantz pieces in favor of some McIntosh ones. I recently pulled the triger and bought a MC275 MKIV and if (when it arrives) the sound is half as good as it is described by the McIntosh forum members then I will surely be on my way to the poor house (I can get a whole warehouse of Marantz pieces for what one of these McIntosh amps go for).

Now, one would think that an audio afficitionado forum is a good place to ask for help with getting over one's additction, but that would be like asking a bar keep to help an alcoholic go dry...

Thanks to all of you for having such a great site, with so many great forums populated with such great members, where we can find great info to allow us enjoy this great hobby. So even though this can make me go broke, or deaf, it will not damage my liver....:beer:

You will be smitten with the MC275. Welcome to the high end, and great sound! Enjoy it here, the folks in the McIntosh forum are the best. I hope to join you after my daughters education is complete. Welcome to AK!

I think I'm now at a crucial junction of my audio mania, which is to sell off some of my Marantz pieces in favor of some McIntosh ones.
.....I just envisioned three marching bands go by....Welcome to AudioKarma, Richard.....

Thanks to all of you for having such a great site, with so many great forums populated with such great members, where we can find great info to allow us enjoy this great hobby.

Well said, Richard! :music: Nice to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom