A bit of a tidy up and a re-think

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
Hey all,

I've been starting to hoard a bit too much gear lately and my enjoyment of my (limited) space has been suffering as a result ! Thanks to some simple cupboards which were picked up at a local sale, I now have some much need shelf space. I've also taken out some of the silly big speakers that I acquired lately (Technics SB5000 and Onkyo S-22 are now in the shed, JBL L40 sold) and I'm now focusing on medium bookshelf models again due to space restrictions.

I guess I'm almost getting onto near-field territory now because I cannot arrange my system any other way, whilst keeping enough space for the home office on the other side of the room. The system now comprises -

Yamaha R-S700 receiver
NEC P305e 'Authentic Series' TT with standard cartridge / stylus
Sony CDP-203ES CDP
Arcam Alpha 5 CDP
Yamaha KX-300RS cassette deck
Yamaha Ipod dock with 16Gb Ipod Touch 5th gen.
Apple Airport Express for streaming from PC.
Mission 707 - recently refoamed.

Work-in-progress is now limited to a Technics SL-QL1 with some cold solder issues and Akai AP-D30C with a missing (but replacement on its way) counterweight / stylus. Here's the room, as best I could photograph it on my cell phone....

IMG_20170122_155844.jpg

I like the clean, simple, and tidy looks of the system. Sweet!

Thanks mate - you should have seen the place before the tidy up ! I had JBL L40s on floor stands at either side, the glass rack a lot further to the left (almost touching the JBL at that side), a wooden unit in the middle with a stack of old Technics speakers, broken Marantz receiver, another couple of CDPs and a Denon tape deck piled on top.......you get the picture. All the gear in the room now WORKS and what ever doesn't work is either not worth fixing or is in the shed pending attention :)

Things can get out of control with gear, but eventually I think you go "WTF" why is this in here when it isn't being used? Feels good after the purge.

Back
Top Bottom