1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of thank you that I just have to say

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2006' started by Grumpy, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

To be honest I barely have enough strength left in me to type this but I just have to thank all the great folks that attended the festival this year. We had a superb bunch of vendors and members systems for all to hear !

Surely without folks like Luther, Tim and steph's help the fest would not be what it was. Lastly without the help of my wife Nancy and son Matt there would have been no fest. I think we all owe them a huge thanks. Hard to put into words how much work they both did and for theirs and everyone Else's help I am forever grateful. Thanks and I'll post more in a couple of days when i wake up.

Dave

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Drybasement

Drybasement Hold the ketchup...

Yep, can't thank you guys enough for all your hard work in making this thing possible. It was a pleasure meeting you Dave and your wife and Tim and his wife and Wards and everyone else I crossed paths with.

Cheeers and see y'all next year.

3. steveb

steveb New Member

It was a great Fest Dave and thanks to you, your wife and son for all the hard work , I had a great time.
    Steve

4. ARguy

ARguy AR Collector

I would like to say THANKS! to everyone who worked to put this event on!! Although I didn't get to meet everyone I wanted to I did enjoy talking with those I did get to meet and even learned a few things...what more could I ask for? Besides the gear that followed me home (Thanks Ed, Pete, and Tim) I think I'll have to try building a tube amp this next winter for my altecs. I think we need an AR/EPI/B&W room next year!? Better start thinking about that... :scratch2:
    THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE! HAD A GOOD TIME!! :banana:

5. RichPA

RichPA Don't drive angry Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

Let me add my thanks to all concerned - what a fabulous event, I can only imagine the work that went into it. You folks are fantastic :thmbsp:

6. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod

I also would like to give my THANKS! To everyone who worked hard to put this event on!
    Dave,Tim, Wives(Nancy,Stephanie),Luther, the Grumpy clan for putting on such a way cool
    event. Then to all the Vendors that make this a SHOW! And all the wonderful member rooms!
    And to Ernie Who helped with my friday night experience by bringing me some canadian goodness!

Thanks to al! :banana:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006

7. Fisher-Dave

Fisher-Dave Super Member

Thanks to all. My wife and I enjoyed it,and next year we are going to get up there on a Friday and leave on Monday so I won't be as wore out driving 622 miles [ one way ] in such a hurry to get there and back in such a short time.Also I really liked the tube gear,it was sweet.Thanks again to all,and I can hardly wait till next year!! :thmbsp:

8. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

I'd like to say a BIG "Thank You" to Dave, Tim, Luther, Ernie, Steph & Nancy, & everybody else who "made it happen". Tim is not as nice a guy in person as you think he is-he's at least 1000X nicer than that.Any time I saw him, he had a big grin on his face, altho I must admit by Sunday afternoon, he was beginning to look a mite worn-out. Dave-Grumpy-despite his moniker, he's just a great big teddy bear, just a super, super fella, too. Nancy & Steph deserve BIG hugs from everyone, because they "manned" the check-in desk for the entire duration of the Fest, & I never saw 'em complain. Ernie-Luvinvinyl-What a class act he is ! Unfailingly polite, he seemed to be almost everywhere at once, helping out in any & every way he could. I would be hard-pressed to name one thing about the fest I DIDN'T like. Oh wait, there was one thing-that I couldn't load up all the neat stuff I saw up there 'n' bring it home w/me...Another sad thing is that we'll have to wait a year to get to hang w/each other again...

9. Strawman

Strawman Moderator

You guys take a few days off to catch your breath. IMO you really outdid last year. Breathe deep, then get started on next year :banana: Seriously, you all did one hell of a job and have much respect for what you guys have created, and should be very proud. I'm sure everyone that attended had a super time!

10. Reel 2 Reel

Reel 2 Reel Mad Dog Junkie

Now thats a great idea!!!!!!...semi annual events!!....or even quarterly!...even better!!

great idea Sandy!..... :thmbsp:

11. piece-it pete

piece-it pete What, me worry?

Yeah, waddaya say Grump, monthly? lol.

A million thank yous to all you folks, from where I was standing it sure looked like you worked your butts off. But it came out GREAT!

Pete

12. Strawman

Strawman Moderator

Not to take away from the fest, but I'd like to give some credt to Jmathers for starting a local monthly kind of mini-fest. we seem to have a pretty big concentration of members within normal driving distance. I think it would would be a cool idea if more of you guy's did these informal get togethers and met and jammed for a bit. I've read about a few groups doing it and it's a great way to meet each other. Break out of the shells and party this summer!
    I almost have Mrs. Strawman talked into a gig this year. :banana:

13. dmax99

dmax99 Lookin' For Live

What a great event it was this year! Thanks to all who pitched in to bring it off.Great company, great gear ,& great tunes . Who could ask for more.David

14. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Lily! Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Sandy, you are TOO kind. T'weren't nuthin', cousin.

Dave, I guess that, more than many, I have a fair idea of how hard you worked on this. You have my respect and admiration for the exhausting, but never thankless job that you did, marshalling your too-small team of volunteers (that would be Tim, and anyone foolish enough to stand too close, for too long), ne'er-do-wells (that would be me!), draftees (That would be Matt and Joe), gun molls (That would be Steph and Nancy), and the rest, to organize and execute the BEST FEST YET!!!

On Saturday afternoon, Tim remarked that, improbable as it sounds, Dave would most likely be starting today, to work on next year's fest. I'm here to tell you that, though he can barely move from his chair, after the last three days (Friday was nuts!), he's already thinking about what went totally right, and what could be done better.

Let's all give him a break, before we bring up the subject of next year's(?) Fest In the meantime, Dave, from my heart, I say,

THANK YOU!!!

15. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Absolutatively, Ernie !! Grump looked a little "whupped" ystrday afternoon, too...Can't imagine why...<grin>

16. moondog

moondog Super Member

Although I was not able to attend again this year, I'd also like to thank all those involved.

Especially "THE BIG 3"... Tim, Luther & Grumpy.

I know for a fact (being one of the first to join this forum many moons ago) that without their love, passion & devotion, this place would NEVER have become "The Best Damn Audio Forum On The Web!"

You guys are "The Cream of the Crop" and without you this place is nil & void IMHO. My hat's are off to you boys and next year I hope my hectic work schedule allows me to finally attend, so I can tell all 3 of you in person just how much this place and your help has meant to me throughout the years as a member.

Best to you & your's! :thmbsp:
    Moondog

17. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

No need for Thanks. We do it for AK's members who deserve it :)

18. Army

Army Addicted Member

Oh contrare :D

A BIG thank you to Dave,Nancy,Matt and Matt's friend(name escapes me). Also to Tim and Steph you all did us proud again this year. As well as all the others who put they're time and effort into a bigger and better AKfest this year :thmbsp:

I had a great time! And will need a little recovery time from all the festivities as well as the long drive! Can't wait to do it again next year :tresbon:

19. BlackSwamp

BlackSwamp Previously DingusBoy

I'm sure it was primarily due to the effort Dave put into this thing that the atmosphere was damn near perfect. As pretty much just a spectator and participant I felt so damn comfortable and relaxed as I meandered from room to room.

I can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed every fest and this one in particular.

The membership here really shines in person. That is clearly a reflection of Tim, Dave and Luther.

THANKS for an absolutely fantastic weekend!

20. Mrs. Kamakiri

Mrs. Kamakiri Wife of Founder

I have a huge thanks to give to Dave and Nancy. You both do alot to get this fest together and it is really appreciated. Tim and Luther get a huge thanks too. This wouldn't be possible without all of you.

I must say that I had a great time at the fest, just a bummer that the pool was closed. Was so looking forward to an AK swimming party but we will have todo that next year.

I have had telephone conversations with AK'ers since I have been home and many commented to me that this is better than the year before and was alot more organized and enjoyable. I have to say I met alot of new AK'ers that were not at last years fest and the ones that were at last years fest I remembered most everyone, if not there name I did recognise your face.

I am just bummed that no one said I was there highlight of AK fest. Just kidding my favorite was hanging out with scott and gregs room as well as in McIntosh room. That was just mind blowing.