A/D/S L470 on Boston CL - $50

Hey guys,

I've been looking for smallish speakers and have just snapped these up. I had $44 in my pocket at the time so that's what I paid.

They are like new and the seller even included the original brochure.

Since I started looking for speakers a few weeks ago I've picked up some EPI 100vs, AR 4axs and advent baby iis.

Hopefully nothing else comes up on CL that's in my neighborhood - otherwise I'll go broke. When my girlfriend sees these new speakers in the apartment I might be single soon too.

Congrats big lou. I had tried to get these yeterday but the seller didn't return my emails. same thing happened with the JBL 4311s earlir this week. Just not my week, it seems, luck-wise- I also lost out on some AR4Axs local recently, and had to pass on KLH Sixes for $15 because I had no way of getting them home...

Looks like you've got a nice collection going there. I've got some EPI 100vs and Baby Advent IIs as well, good speakers.
Where are you located in Mass? I'm thinking you're my new competition lately!

Hey deli,

I'm in somerville/cambridge - There seems to be lots on offer around here since we're packed in tight in this part of the commonwealth. I actually started looking for a good set of speakers and was willing to pay decent money for them - but instead I've been finding sets for ~$50 that I'm pretty happy with. I think I'm done for now - unless something great comes along - I'd be happy to fetch something for you if it's near me though.

Unfortunately, all of the speakers besides the Epis have some problem or another. The Advents need to be refoamed (foam is on it's way though) - the AR4xs tweeters aren't responding properly - but should be fixed soon (I got these from joZmo - he mentioned that he had some Dynacos for you so at least we're getting our fix from the same place)

Also, I think I may have spoken too soon about the ADS speakers. They look perfect but after hooking them up and listening to them I noticed a problem.
The surrounds seem to be unglued from the housing in some spots - the surrounds are in perfect shape - the glue seems to have just failed. I searched the forums and read of similar problems from others. So I guess these need to be repaired before I can use them further.

I'll be taking all this stuff over to your place next weekend so we'll meet then.

I look forward to meeting you, Lou.

I used to live in lower Allston, really loved it. My accident and subsequent injury, finances, and disability forced me to move out.

I miss Cambridge something fierce. I wish I could be back there.

On better days, I try to make it into the city. After we meet this or next weekend, if you ever want to meet up in Cambridge, let me know. I can catch the commuter rail and the redline into the city. I'd love to meet another AKer.

Back
Top Bottom