A/D/S L710... how much?

Just for giggles... the cosmetically challenged L520...

Attachments

• 20180612_201405.jpg
    20180612_201405.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 33
Just for giggles... the cosmetically challenged L520...
That look s easy to make nice and acceptable for presentation in a room of your home. Sure one could put a doily on top of it and another plant, just asking for another watering to finish off the veneer but with a nice refinish with the hundreds of chemicals, stains and finishes available today, those could look nice enough for a nik-nac that doesn't need watering!

Planning to sand them and hit them with some Howard's Restor Walnut this weekend.
I like the results of the Howard's and the Walnut turned out nice on a pair of ADCs i did last weekend.
I think the ADSs are a little too orange for my tastes. The walnut should cover the watermarks a little better too.
I like a little bit of visible battle damage for character though.

I like a little bit of visible battle damage for character though.
Way too many speakers have that common plant stand water ring on them. Hard to prevent it but two of my speakers, hard to get those battle scars, Magenplanars, too tall and thin and Dahlquist, a rounded top to the grille. Looking forward to seeing the results, good luck.

How the hell do you get the woofer oyt of the L520s? Trying not to do any further damage.

Tight fit. Remove the crossover and you can get in there with a bottle jack and push it out.

Difficult to find devices that will lever a round device and not leave a dent in the face of the unit. On the crossover you could use a putty knife to lever it up out of the cabinet since it has some flat sides to use.

I was able to get the crossover out with the intent off popping the woofer out from behind.
Didn't budge but i was probably being overly cautious.
Done for tonight.
I'll try again tomorrow night.

Thanks for the tip Blue.

If i can get the tweeter out tonight I'll cover the woofer and be careful.
I'd rather try a light sanding than use some type of cleanser/chemical.

If i can get the tweeter out tonight I'll cover the woofer and be careful.
I'd rather try a light sanding than use some type of cleanser/chemical.
No, he is right. Try the Barkeepers friend first. It's a very light acid and it applies like toothpaste. It will often remove rings without removing finish. If it doesn't work you've lost nothing, but if it does you've saved 1/16" or more of veneer.

Got the damn deal done...
I can't believe I talked my wife into letting me get these. Got 'em for $330 with stands.

Attachments

• 20180623_202538.jpg
    20180623_202538.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180623_202602.jpg
    20180623_202602.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180623_203149.jpg
    20180623_203149.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180623_202028.jpg
    20180623_202028.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 43
Excellent.

Now give em a good listen and let us know how you like em and what is going out to be able to keep them and the wife.

Back
Top Bottom