A DCM wannabe? Nope, Mariah LS2 Curb find.

IMG_7764.jpg IMG_7765.jpg IMG_7766.jpg IMG_7767.jpg IMG_7768.jpg IMG_7770.jpg Ok, I rotated the top woofer and the rattle is gone. Whew! The other speakers top woofer is doing the same. I'll have to pull that sock down and rotate the woofer. The bass is very deep on these. Polydax woofers. The mids seem a tad bit shy, the highs are nice and detailed and not harsh. I'll have to give these some volume in the morning after my wife leaves for work, she's sleeping now.
Here's a few pics of the woofer and crossover. The dual woofers are not in separate chambers.

Last edited:
While you have it out, check for any separation in surround, dust cap or spider. Any of those could cause rattling.
Did that, all was good. At low volume they are sounding very good. I'll rotate both lower woofers while I have the socks down.

Congrats man! Those drivers look like they will kick some serious behind. Inductors are placed too close together, and on the same plane. No bueno. A real nice score there brother man.

Biggles

Congrats man! Those drivers look like they will kick some serious behind. Inductors are placed too close together, and on the same plane. No bueno. A real nice score there brother man.

Biggles
Hey Guy!
These are a total surprise! All my wife’s friends know about my hobby. This friend wasn’t even sure if they were speakers!
They sound pretty good and I’d like to find out more about them, but no luck on the net so far.
Regarding the crossovers, I’m not doing anything with these for now. I’ll play with them for a while, then decide what to do with them. If they are stupid rare, then I may enjoy for a while.
Glenn

Seas tweeter as used in the Mission 770. I've seen those bass drivers before but can't remember where. Bet they sound amazing.

They do sound very good. I cranked them a bit this morning, and the 2nd woofer I rotated still rattles. :-(
I'll pull it again tonight and closely inspect the spider. The surround is good.

Another cool find and potential project there Glenn. Fun!
That grille frame bar is interesting. Metal?

Those look very much like Mariah speakers to me. I have a pair of smaller LS4 (I think). with Vifa tweeters/Carbonneau woofers. Internal wiring was heavy gauge Monster cable.

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 101
Dual port Hemholtz resonator! :idea:
Some ferrofluid to be wary of I guess.
Looks like these may be really good.

A runner friend of my wife messengered me if these were speakers, which I responded they were. She asked if I wanted them, I said sure so she went back to pick them up for me. I'll get them tonight.
No badging identifying what they are. In the back of my head, in a recent thread, I thought someone posted a pic of a DCM with a flat front baffle. Are these them? I didn't find anything via google.
I hope they are not stinking of cat pee or moldy, especially if they are good speakers.
Glenn
View attachment 1353071
Here's what they look like. Two ports. Woofers have soft rubber surrounds. Except for the CL listing above, I didn't find anything on the net named "Merlin Acoustics" that looked like these.
View attachment 1353550 View attachment 1353551 View attachment 1353552 View attachment 1353553 View attachment 1353554 View attachment 1353555 View attachment 1353556 View attachment 1353557 View attachment 1353558 View attachment 1353559

HOLY FREAKING HELLUVA SCROE!!!

Those are Mariah LS-2.

I have a pair that I restored. They image like a mofo and sound amazing. Probably my favorite speakers in my rotation right now.

Back
Top Bottom