a few KLH model six questions

after reattaching the emblems and bringing them inside the wife and I decided we like them the way they are! So I'm calling this project done. I hooked them back up and the still sound great! Full details of all the work I did is consolidated here: http://imgur.com/a/u5cmC

Great job! They look fantastic! Personally I prefer the original grill cloth.

Cheers!

Glenn

W
Actually those appear to be the very last generation of the Model Six which did indeed use vinyl contact paper over MDF. The very last ones used foam surrounds instead of cloth, so if yours are the foam style surrounds check and make sure that they aren't rotted (foam surrounds from that era are almost always rotted through and you can push your finger right through them).

With all KLH speakers from that era it's recommended to replace the capacitors regardless of whether the tweeters are working or not. The capacitors that KLH used were very prone to value drift and failure, and new caps are cheap and easy to install plus they'll restore your high frequencies to the original spec.

what do the foam surrounds look like? I may buy a set of vinyl sixes, can you tell by the photograph? Also, are the wood or vinyls preferred? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• B682B19B-9FDB-4A64-970C-7CA61A8E3E56.jpeg
    B682B19B-9FDB-4A64-970C-7CA61A8E3E56.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom