A Few Minutes Late

JamVal

Addicted Member
My wife and I were out thrift shopping Tuesday. Spent more than our normal amount of time in Savers, then headed out, empty handed, to a GW where I have never found anything. I was going to stay in the car, while my wife shopped, but wandered in. There was a guy at the check out telling the cashier "let's just leave them in the cart, they're real heavy". I looked over and there were a set of A/D/S L780/ii in the cart.

I've never heard any ADS speakers, but read nothing but good reviews on the brand. I didn't have the heart to see what the guy was paying for them.

Ok, now go ahead and tell me I didn't miss anything - please.

My wife said, "too bad we spent so much time in Saver's you would have got here first"
ARRGGH!

Hate to say it, but timing is everything. Bummer, these would have made you very happy! Lots of fans!

They made more than the set you missed, those aren't rare. The L780/2 (as well as L570/2) was one of their most prolific sellers.

Maybe I'm superstitious but stuff always seems to cluster for me. Find one thing and I quickly find another. More will show up.

May all your audio misses be broken

When i go thrifting i hit up every one i can
In savers especially they place the cds and vinyl right next to the door
And while potential bigger scores are elsewhere
I find it hard to not scour that section first

Im working on it.

That same thing has happened to me. One was an Akai receiver at a GW and the other was a Sansui 5000A at a local church TS. It happens.

The only way to get every score is to be everywhere at once. The thing is, you didn't get there too late, you got there too early. If the guy was gone by the time you arrived, you would have been none the wiser.

You get there just in time and scroe you do, only to be t-boned as you pull out of the parking lot. The fabric of time has many stitches.

Back
Top Bottom