A good amp

HandsomeRobb

I have heard alot about McIntosh and I would like to know where i could get a McIntosh amp and a price range I will be looking at

You can power most any speaker made with a MC250. Models
and prices go up from there. An ebay completed items search
can give you a cost from a private party. It's a good place to look around for the pictures of items too.

Carl

judging by your other posts i dont think your going to be getting anything working with the name Mcintosh on it in your pricerange. You could also see what things are going for by searching ebay.

thanks i am probly going to start working soon as i am still in school so i will have alot of extra money so that is why i am trying to find out what would the best thing to get that is resonable i am looking to spend 0-600 could i get a mcintosh for that?

Within that range you can get at least any of the 1st generation amps:
MC250
MC2505 (metered version of the 250)
MC2100
MC2105 (metered verion of the 2100)
Possibly MC2205 also.

Depending on speakers and where you plan to go with the system you may want to start say with the 250 and look for say a MX112 or 113 tuner preamp to get into a set of all Mc electronics. I used my 250 for almost 30 years as my main amp and it will handle almost any speaker you're likely to encounter. The 2100 will handle the rest.

For a really nice system on the cheap, look for the MX113 with the MC2505 with the cabinets and a set of original Advents with the masonite ringed woofers if you are into classical and jazz. For rock, swap the Advents for a set of Klipsch Heresy.

Would help if we knew what kind of speakers you have and what type of music along with what listening levels you play at.

Grumpy

i have 2 boston CR6s and 4 Yahmaha NS-10Ms (i will hook up as many as i can without putting the amp in danger) i listen to rock pretty loud ummm i watch alot of movies and concerts bands like blue man group stand ect basically alternitive and rock

Originally posted by HandsomeRobb
thanks i am probly going to start working soon as i am still in school so i will have alot of extra money so that is why i am trying to find out what would the best thing to get that is resonable i am looking to spend 0-600 could i get a mcintosh for that?

there is a Mc2100 (2x100 watts) for sale in www.audiogon.com for 600 bucks..I am tempted to sell my CD player to get it...

Back
Top Bottom