A great tip setting up YPAO on my Yamaha

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
When I ran YPAO on my new Yamaha I noticed that the subwoofer was not used unless I used one of the presets. I like using the straight setting so the A770 decides per the source what speakers to use. There is a discussion on the Yamaha thread about this over on the AVS Forum. The experienced YPAO users reported that the auto scan more often the not configured the front R/L as large speakers. When it does this the software cuts out the subwoofer as not being nesessary. This is wrong for a home theater system, also for somebody like me who has large vintage speakers that sound awesome by themselves but sound even better when the load is taken off at the very bottom of their frequency response. The trick is to go into the setting and configure the front R/L as small speakers with this done the subwoofer is always active in the straight setting. You can also configure the low cutoff. Which, for now, I have it at 80Hz. With this done it is like opening a door sound wise you, and you maintain the YPAO dynamic volume control. Love this Yamaha!!!!!!!

Hmmm, never had that 'problem' with my Yamaha RX-V1800.

I have several saved YPOA settings (mine has 4 memory save buttons), one of which is fronts=small, Bass=Sub only, xover 80Hz, another is fronts=large, Bass=Both.

In all my YPOA runs the sub has always been detected and "on" even if YPOA thinks my bookies are large.

I am not sure either. It might be something to with the A770. Still learning. YPAO detected the subwoofer and adjusted it’s volume level but in the straight setting even with 5.1 sources the subwoofer did not show on the speaker status display.

I just went through the Speaker menu of my 770. In the Manual Configuration menu you should be able to turn the sub on and off. This is the same menu you set the crossover for the speakers to the sub. This should allow the sub to operate with the front speakers operating full range too if you wish. If you set the front speakers to anything other than full range, I'm assuming it will automatically set up with the sub.

Back
Top Bottom