A lazy day with Sony es CD players

Sound Dragon

Yawns and sets his couch on fire!
Subscriber
I love the way my old Sony CDP-x777ES sounds. That is, when it works. I also recently picked up a Sony DVP-NS9100ES to match my NC555ES carousel. These two will hopefully be joined by a not yet procured HAP -Z1ES to give me a beautiful silver faced wall of musical joy!

So I am spending a lazy afternoon doing a friendly shoot out between the 777 and th 9100.

IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0186.JPG

There is something to be said about older Sony ES CD players. I have had every major Sony ES as well as a few Oppo and Marantz SACD players In My stable over the years and this x777 still beats them all for red book playback.

By some miracle it seems to be playing great today which is such a relief as I have dumped more than I care to admit into it. It sat in my storage locker for over a year because I thought it was done. But here I am Playing Ray Charles genus and it made it through all 21 tracks!

It will probably start acting up again, but I do really enjoy its sonic character and have yet to find a modern player that can match it. This is not to say that the other players I have had where bad. The NS9100 is a fine player and does SACD as well as red book. But there is something about that older ES player that just sounds so good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom