A lesson to be learned !

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
A some of you might know I have been in the market for a MC phono amp for a bit. As luck would have it I got a newsletter from a dealer that I found online sometime ago that I had bought a part for my SOTA TT from. He had a Phono amp I was interested in that was a Demo. It was one of those that in the price column was a Call for price. So I did. I was told the price was 150.00. Then I asked could it shipped to my door for that price. No problem his answer. Pretty much End of story..............So I thought. It arrived today looking like it was dropped from the top of the sears tower. Some how the amp survived without a scratch. So im digging thought the box and there's my Invoice. I happen to catch the total. 227.00 ! Now I know something's not right so I pickup the phone. I was told that they called me back to tell me that the amp was a Demo and would cost more then I was originally quoted. Just one problem. I never received a Phone call. After much discussion its decided the amp will go back at no cost to me. Now If I would not have looked at that Invoice I would have been out 77.00 more then I though. In my mind this is a Bait and Switch. What I thought was once a very reputable dealer is no better then a guy on the street who flashes his jacket open to sell you a watch. As much as I would like to name the store I will refrain from doing so. If any one would like to know just drop a PM or Email.

Grumpy

I had a similar thing happen...

If you paid by credit card like I did, .....I went to the credit card company and filed a dispute on the purchase.

They put pressure on the seller, and the issue was resolved.

Unethical sellers like that ought to be punished. If they publish a price they must follow through. If they made a mistake it's their problem not yours, you saw a 150 MC phono stage, not a 227 phono stage.

Chris

Damn Grumpy! When these people gonna get it through their thick skulls that "YOU DON'T MESS WITH GRUMPY!" :bash:

And to think I was gonna spend some serious ( to me ) cash with this guy in the future. Certainly not now !

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom