A little Denon DL-103 project starting...

Mine arrived. Digs deep. On my second LP. Loaded @356ohms, 60db gain. Real pleased. Super fast turnaround.

Can you hear any difference between 243 and 356 ohm? On my carts, such as the DL 301, I cannot hear such small changes in loading.

Also, what arm mass are you using?

Thanks, Bob

Arm mass was 15.6. I added 6 wraps or so of lead tape so it may be nearer to 17g. The difference was in the size of the soundstage. VTF is at 2.8. So far my listening is limited to 5 albums.

I've got a Paradox Pulse body coming for a DL103 with a snapped cantilever. Once it is in the body, I'll take it over to Andy for a Shibata.

-D

That's bad news, but it might be repairable in the hands of an expert. Possibly not the most economic outcome though.

That's bad news, but it might be repairable in the hands of an expert. Possibly not the most economic outcome though.

Yeah. I only paid $38 for the cartridge, so it's not like it's a huge financial loss, but it's still disappointing. I dropped a note to Andy to see if he could repair it and how much it would be.

If it is too pricey, I may just send my DL103r daily driver to Paradox Pulse along with the body and have him do the work instead (if I can live without it for a couple of weeks). $60 for the potting is a lot cheaper than buying a new DL103r.

-D

I think I'm going to swap in my Grado Red1 with 8mz stylus for the Denon and send the Denon off to Terence to pot. I can live with the Grado for a couple of weeks...

-D

:(

And, of course, because of the perverse nature of the universe, I snapped the 8mz stylus.

-D

Fyi, Andy can also pot it as well. If getting work done on it or retipped I let Andy handle it all

I ended up sending the (intact) DL103r to Terence to pot for me. No issues installing (thank god). Sounds way more authoritative in the bass in the new body.

-D

Goddamnit. A coil wire broke.

So much for that cartridge. :(

-D

I broke the coil wire on one of my DL103 carts also. I sent it to Garrott Bros in Melbourne and they fixed it for $60. I'd assume Soundsmith can do similar work

Back
Top Bottom