A little help over here?

Kincaid

Can anybody help me find one of these:
20170722_191538.jpg
Having a bear of a time finding anything close in value, without having to also change resistors. I'm not electronic enough to start understanding what I'm doing, but I can definitely change out caps and such.
Fisher 400 BTW
Thanks, Steven

Antique Electronic Supply has plenty of 0.047 uF caps at 400 and 630VDC. I just ordered a batch for a restore.

Are you looking for that specific capacitor, or a functional replacement for that cap? The OE is an EroFol. Only chance for finding an exact match is scoring an old one. They probably have not been made in decades.

If you just need something that will work, any modern film capacitor of the proper value and voltage will get the job done just fine. You can go larger on the voltage if needed.

Hi Gang,
Sorry for the delay, what a week... sheesh...
anyway, I don't know what type of cap this is, someone local told me it might be an electrolytic... don't know what I should buy.
So gadget73, you feel a film cap of .047 will work? My local guy put in a replacement cap just to get the -17 volts to match the other output negative voltages. The amp sounds great, I just
want to have the proper specs in there. I'm sure the cap we put in there was not .047....
So since I'm a virtual electronic dummy, if someone could show me an exact cap that will not blow up my amp, that would be great... I did go to Antique Electronic Supply, but I don't
know which .047 to get...
Thanks in advance
Steven

yes, 0.047 uf will be a match for what you have. Just need to find the voltage rating on it and meet or exceed it. Its probably on the other side of the label.

A cap of that value is probably not in the bias circuit. Could be a coupling cap though. A pic of where the part is would say for sure what its doing. I'm sure that will get some preferred caps for the job.

Depending on what the voltage is ANY 0.047uf (the comma between the 0,047 hung you up as it was made in Germany) of the same or higher voltage will work. Mylar is the type but any film cap made now is functionally equivalent, and a hell of a lot better. Usually these don't go bad. But it's alredy cut at the body, so don't get yer knickers in a bind.

Back
Top Bottom