A McIntosh in my future? What to HOPE for?

SixCats!

Hi all,

Some of you here may know that by Summer's end, I will be in a new house. Today, I met with the woman who is working on our floor plans. Durning our meeting, we started discussing (non house) topics and...(I am not sure how it even came up) but...the long and short of it is...this woman's Father-in-law (deceased) was a HUGH McIntosh fan! She told me she has his McIntosh TUBE gear in storage! Yikes! I told her that I was VERY interested in putting together a TUBE system. She said to me..."I don't know why I didn't think of you before". This woman knew that I am interested in AUDIO gear since she is designing me a dedicated AUDIO room. I also learned that this woman is currently using a pair of KLIPSCH speakers in her Den that also belonged to her Father-in-law! The woman told me that she and her husband are NOT audiophiles...however...the Father-in-law left them some McIntosh equipment (perhaps a receiver?) that they infact do use. I also learned that the Father-in-law died at age 85. He was a BIG fan of the MET Opera and listened to the LIVE AT THE MET broadcast on Saturdays. After I told the woman that I too enjoyed Opera and was once a student of renowned Opera Teacher/Singer (and former MET Opera star Martial Singher) I got the impression that the woman was more interested in seeing someone like YOURS TRULY acquire this gear! OH BABY! Now...this woman is NO fool and understands that this gear has value. This is by far not yet a DONE DEAL!
That being said...I think I might be able to swing a good deal! Anyway...this is the type of DREAM I have always hoped would happen to me and...it may be coming true! I should find out next week what the McIntosh gear she has stored away. So...please....send me GOOD wishes. Oooh...what MCINTOSH Tube amp should I HOPE and PRAY might be awaiting me? Also...I don't know what KLIPSCH speakers she has but...from her brief discription...I am betting they are CORNWALLS! Ummm...wonder if I could acquire them as well? Hey...it could happen lol.

Regards,

SixCats!

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

So when can I have your accuphase ?:D

Thanks Grumpy...lol...oooh...did I tell you I am going to have a SYSTEM set up in each new room!

Regards,

SixCats!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you SixCats!
I recommend Mc in every room, works for me anyway. :)

Carl

Be careful, once bitten it ain't curable. Buy whatever you can and hang on. As I was warned, I now spend MUCH more time listening to the McIntosh gear and much less time making the thrift rounds. No complaints however.

Best of luck to you...it happened to me, too

My step-mother-in-law got me back into the LP hobby again when she offered to have me take out her old console stereo when she was moving to a smaller house. She said that she knew I liked "electronic things", as the called them and took me into the living room. Inside that console was an MX-110 mounted face-up beside an Elac 50H. The speakers were all JBL drivers in this custom-built console. BTW, I found the power amp tucked away in a little cubby accessible from behind: an MC-225 with original Mac 7591As!

The deal was, however, that I had to take the entire console system, which I did last summer. The MX-110/MC-225 are today run most every day once I replaced all the power supply caps.

So, best of luck.....dreams do come true.

Cheers,

David

Hi all,

Thank you all for your good wishes! I am going to "not be pushy" about this Mc and play it cool! I will keep you all posted when I know more! Thanks again.

Regards,

SixCats!

Nothing beats buying old Mcintosh gear off of the original owner, especially when you get an antire system. Once you get it you'll always remember how lucky you were to find it. It would be nice if she has an MC275, C22 and MR71 for you. Of course any all Mac tube system is a great find.
Mike

Hi all,

UPDATE! I spoke with the woman today about my house plans and durning our conversation, SHE brought up the subject about the McIntosh! I STILL don't know what Mc it is but...I plan to see it this weekend hopefully! YIKES!

Regards,

SixCats!

Back
Top Bottom