A new car in the new year?

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone have and plans for a new ride in 2007? I do have to get some reliable wheels for the wife. But, once that is looked after, I am hoping to get a toy for myself, if business goes as well as I hope. No ideas yet, but looking is half the fun! :)

Both of our vehicles are fairly new still and have been giving us hardly any trouble (knock on wood). :yes:

So with that under control, I can finally start wrenching on my old 74 Nova this year! :banana:

Time to start building the 383 Stroker! Yeah Baby! :D :thmbsp:

Scott

I have been eyeing the Buick Lucerne. What can I say, I'm old and comfort is more important that sizzle. The Corvettes and RX7's are way in the past for me. If I was young, I would look at the Mazda Miata or the RX-8 for a fun ride at a reasonable price.

My wife bought a Chrysler 300, SRT8 this summer and absolutely loves it .Looks cool rides good and flat hauls ass. If you like big cars you might check out the 300's

Thinking it is about time to replace our 2000 Focus; not sure with what, though - maybe a Mazda 6?

I am looking at Lexus (with the Mark Levinson, of course).

Right now, I am having a hard time getting my head around the fact that I can buy the same car for 25% less in the US:thumbsdn:

I dunno much, but the used car market seems cheap right now. We're looking to buy what we call the "Cheap Jeep", which is an older Jeep Grand Cherokee in which we won't care about the kids doing their usual worst with food and dirt. Anything to keep them out of MY cars!

We replaced my 1996 Chevy Lumina 4 door with a 2005 Kia Sorento this last year. Wife kept the 2000 Cherokee, she won't give it up (sigh, used to be mine...). I actually like the Lumina just fine, but due to the bizarre nature of NC state law, I could not license/title it in NC, so I traded it in.

Now I'm in Detroit in a Korean-made SUV. I'm surprised no one has torched my vehicle yet. Lovely.

my wife has a new mustang but i still prefer my toyota solara with 200,000 miles on it. mustang rides too rough but looks great.

If I can find one cheap enough......

vw_6601.JPG

Going to get a driver's permit for my daughter today. So that means she'll need her own wheels. I need something that is inexpensive and bullet proof.

I tend to stay about 10 years behind the curve. So this year I am going to look for a BMW 5 series in the 91-97 era. I am getting tired of broken down rigs, so this way I can have a much classier broken down rig in my driveway.

VinylHanger said:
I tend to stay about 10 years behind the curve. So this year I am going to look for a BMW 5 series in the 91-97 era. I am getting tired of broken down rigs, so this way I can have a much classier broken down rig in my driveway.

My neighbor has a '96 5-series. The tow truck came to their house to drop it off a week ago. AFAIK, they might not work on it, it's been a while. I was hoping their '97 E-class AMG would kick the bucket before their Bimmer.

Things must have really picked up down there. I was stationed at Fort Campell in 1977, the town to me, was like hooterville. :D

Strawman said:
Things must have really picked up down there. I was stationed at Fort Campell in 1977, the town to me, was like hooterville. :D

The local government still operates like Hooterville. But Clarksville increased significantly during the 1990s, it just happens that the "somewhat upper-crust" lives in my area - and if you remember the Tiny Town Rd. (Exit 1, I-24), you could see massive development of houses, same goes for the St. B area (Exit 4), no one wants to go through this traffic during peak times.

Too much changed, and I'll shut up. :boring:

Big growing pains. My brother moved out to a small town in Nevada, 3 traffice lights, 65 miles from Reno. Still 3 traffic lights and 65 miles from Reno, but a heck of a boom. Takes a half hour to get through the 3 light to get home.
"They called it Paradise"...

Back
Top Bottom