A new Sansui enthusiast from the deep south

Nickleride

Seeker of Moments
Hello to all, I'm glad to be here and look forward to making new friends. I suppose a little about myself is in order here.

It has been a long time for me, having started a family and not being able to keep up with the world of quality stereo and equipment. My old Marantz gave it up, and since then, I haven't had anything of value worth mentioning. I WAS able to get a $600 stereo VCR in 85 when the TV networks started broadcasting in stereo and the remnants of my good system carried it well. Miami Vice was awesome if you remember, and I anticipated THAT for weeks! LOL Even the grouchy ol lady had to admit that was good.

So, now that's all in the past, kids are grown and long gone, and I'm about to retire soon and need a good hobby to keep me busy and keep me from getting rusty too soon. I'm a cabinetmaker and really enjoy my work. I anticipate making home entertainment centers, shop standard or custom, and any kind of custom woodworking that throws me a challenge is what I really enjoy.

The other thing is that now I have a chance to assemble a really nice stereo system and enjoy it. (and NO, I don't want anything with a damn remote!) I'm really excited about getting my first Sansui receiver. I've heard them many times over the years and I want one! The same goes with a nice pair of Bose 901's, I just don't think I could go wrong with that combination.

In summation, I'm looking forward to a new life of stereo enjoyment. And being here with a whole community of people who share the passion. Awesome!
Don

Welcome aboard, Don!

With your cabinetmaking skills and love of vintage audio you'll fit right in at AK!

Lots of good folk here, so enjoy!

Welcome...

Deep South?

Where 'bouts?

Hope you will enjoy it here...good folks...

Our fine moderators keep the butt-heads out!:yes:

We can always use people who know how to make cabinets.:thmbsp:

I would suggest you look around, read the few rules we have, get to know the different people and forums and generally have a great time.

We have a good place to find what you might be looking for...our Vendor and Member Classifieds.

You may also want to become a subscriber ($25)....and get more benifits and access to places here that otherwise not open to non-subscribers, like Barter Town...lots of gear from members there.

Have fun.

Welcome aboard! I have built several TT plinths, and receiver cases, those woodworking skills can come in pretty handy in this hobby. :thmbsp:

Hi Don from WAY up north in Monroe Louisiana :thmbsp:

There aren't many of us down here from what I've seen so far, good to see another one closer to home :yes:

I don't know how many we might eventually find, but I'll bet they're all over. :music: Good to know you're there, thanks for saying hello.

Don

Back
Top Bottom