A new to me 2325....now what?

Bill Sohne

Hello everyone....

While on a road trip last week buying gear for my brother Mc6100..
and some other stuff along the way NAD2600 and NAD1300....

I had one last stop to make to drop off some other stuff to be repaired ( non electronic ). While in my friends workshop... I came across this receiver on a table... ( door with sawhorses as legs). I have seen it there in passing over the years, but never a close look... He also had a set McIntosh Xr5 speakers... ...

First off the 2325 was NOT on my radar... i did not know much about it,,,,

I asked if it was for sale... and if it worked.. he said it did when it stopped using it about 4 1/2 years ago... he offered it 50,000$ i said i had to pass... then he came back at a price i did not know if it was good or bad, i will just say it was less the the Mc6100 i got for my brother...

I asked if he had any headphone... to try it... he gave me a set that he got on a airplane..! he gave me a 1/4 plug adapter... for a source i first tried FM sounded good.. then we hooked up a dvd player (to play a cd). it sounded great! I then asked to try a set of speakers.. he had some old ones that were his wifes in college.. sounded good too... i then asked about the McIntosh Xr5 speakers... sourounds were shot... but i wanted to check them out... all the drivers worked!!

I bought it all....

now reading a lot about the 2325 ....

a few of the dial and meter lights are out... still looking for instructions on how to replace them....
listening to it now on set of dq-10s ...

trying to figure out what to do next... i notice it does not get too hot , been playing for a few hours... each day...
just to recap.. .seller did not use it for about 4 1/2 years and he bought it about 14 years ago...

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/img_4657.9354/full

and does anyone know the main amp input impedance?
two tech sales tech sheets have two different values... 100k ohms and the other at 55 k ohms... ?
any suggestions or thoughts would be great...

good hunting

bill

One of Marantz best. The older ones should have the diodes in the amps updated before they let go and tear up the amp.
Worthy of a full restore. A definite keeper.

One of Marantz best. The older ones should have the diodes in the amps updated before they let go and tear up the amp.
Worthy of a full restore. A definite keeper.
hi

how do i know if its one of the older ones... i think the s/n is in the 6000 range if that helps

thanks
bill

The 2325 is my daily driver. I just love the way it sounds. It has had a full recap and replacement of bulbs with LED's. You will get varying opinions on whether to do minimal upgrade (like those diodes), recap of power supply and power amps or full recap. It's a great receiver. Enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom