A Note from Darrel Hawthorne

D. Hawthorne

Hey Guys,
I would like to personally thank each of you that stopped into our room this past weekend. Thanks also to Grumpy and his staff for helping make this possible!
We got a chance to visit with a lot of our old friends and was able to meet many new ones. Thanks for all the kind words, compliments and well wishes, much appreciated.
As many of you know we intended to move the entire contents of our exhibit room over to the new showroom in Dearborn.
We finished up that move today and you may read about it here:
http://www.hawthorneaudio.us/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62330#p62330
Here is a couple shots of the room:

file.php

file.php

We will be opening up this facility for future SMAC meetings as well as for use by the Ford group. It’s large enough to host some large gatherings and is ideally located. Let us know if we can help with any events you may have in mind.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again very soon.

Cheers,
Darrel :)

Very nice looking Darrel, I also really like the new look of the speakers.
(sorry I didn't get to spend much time in your room with hosting mine)

Looks cool, your speakers sounded good at AK.

I see the I~Bud Budda made it over, but I do not see any of those great cookies! :D

The visit I made to your room was packed but it was still nice and sounded great, what music were you guys playing around 3pm on Saturday, almost sounded like a story being told? :scratch2:

The visit I made to your room was packed but it was still nice and sounded great, what music were you guys playing around 3pm on Saturday, almost sounded like a story being told? :scratch2:

Hey Guys,
Thanks! That’ very nice to hear and very much appreciated!

I put together a playlist with a couple hundred songs, we also took in many requests and played a lot of guests CD selections so it really hard to tell.

One song (male vocal) that comes to mind is Allan Taylor doing beat Hotel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWO-u22t3ts

This song got a fair amount of play and is one of my favorites. Great bass lines with lots of layers to discover. The story is about the American beat artists in Paris 1957 to mid 60’s. I was born in 57 so the beat poet movement was before my time but I really love the imagery and the sound stage is amazing. Check it out sometime....

Cheers,

Looks fantastic, I've dreamed of this type of facility ever since I got originally involved in retail with seconhand stores and the retail jobs I worked before my disability set it fully. I'd still love to have a space so accomodating as this must certainly be! You've been getting rave reviews, keep up the good work! Keep on pushing and the industry will certainly give back to such a successful company as yours! It's truly inspiring to see how you've made such amazing progress and how your products are being so well-received!:banana:

Wow! what freakin awesome speakers. I have no pride,can I have a pair to demo forever??

Wow,Darrell,just wow! my address is...

It was interesting to hear how loud they could play and be non fatiguing, nothing harsh, no booming etc. Just felt like you were engulfed in the sound! I could hear how folks get addicted to open baffles.

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to take a minute here this morning and acknowledge all these wonderful responses, very much appreciated.

We are hosting the Blue Oval Boys (Ford) later this week so that they can check out the room /speakers and see what sort of space we have available for future meetings, gatherings etc. I would imagine that some are also SMAC members? Both Jerry and I have been swamped this past week with orders coming in and countless e-mails wanting more info so, in short the show was a huge success with regard getting more exposure as well as showcasing the new reference series of finished speakers.

Just a reminder but we primarily serve the DIY market and have helped 100’s of guys build their own high end OB speakers. We are now in 42 countries and really love working with novice as well as speaker building veterans. Sorry for the shameless plug but a lot of the guys writing didn’t realize that we had more to offer besides the finished Reference speakers.

I will be bringing the second model in the Reference series over to the new Dearborn room soon. This model, the ‘K2' is a four baffle package with a Reference MTM in the mains with matching Augie towers. The K2 has 2 Augies per side whereas other models may see as many as 4 per side. :rockon:

Stay tuned to our news page for updates.
Thanks again for all your very kind words, well wishes and we hope to see you all soon.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom