A Peek Under The Kilt

LB, I received the diagram today, I think while I am in hotel rooms across the country I will redraw these the same way I did the X0X0DB diagrams.

Echo, I will get you a set sent, I have been out of town.

BTW....the umbilical diagram in the SM is wrong (big goddam suprise, eh?) I'm not going to try to redraw as Sansui did, but I have made a drawing that shows the umbilical pin number, the wire color, and the pins on the preamp and amp boards they connect to. I may go further and add a second page with a description of each signal...ifn' ya'all want it.

LBPete, thanks for the double-check on the wires. With both this 33000 miswired, and the manual wrong, I didn't have much of a reference.

F'n Sansui.:uzi: :nerd:

Good thing I haven't bought the SM yet...the umbilical is one part of my G22K that I need to rebuild. It's fully funcitonal, but the socket on the power amp ass'y has been torn from the chassis tearing the sheetmetal!

That and the power meters are the biggest troubles with it....the speaker relays will be a park in the walk by comparison. :)

TP, trying to find time to get to the blasted thing...

Here is the correct pin out from the umbilical connector to the F2902 left power supply board in the Amp section. The numbers on the left represent the numbers on the back (harness side) of the connector. In the middle is the wire color. The numbers on the right represent the connection points on the board.

1 - Brown - 11
2 - Red - Ground lug, (board corner screw)
3 - Orange - 18
4 - Yellow - 26
5 - Green - 24
6 - Blue - 22
7 - Violet - 20
8 - Gray - 30
9 - White - 16
10 - Black - 12
11 - Lt. Blue - 14
12 - Pink - 28

Here is a picture of that portion of the F2902 board.

B3Nut, CDFixer
If you need the same information for the preamp side, let me know. B3 when you get ready to clean your relays, let me know and I will send you a piece of 1200 grit sand paper. That way you won’t have to buy a whole pack when all you need is a couple of square inches.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom