A possible paint scheme for THOR's Miata - The Pink Pig Porsche 917

mech986

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi Thor,

You might consider this paint scheme for your ride. It's based on an experimental Porsche 917 from 1971. The Porsche racing division created a 917 version based on some theoretical and wind tunnel considerations. Legend has it that the eventual shape was somewhat wider and squater than the regular 917, so much so that their race sponsor Martini (with usual colors of silver with red and blue stripes) wouldn't let them put their logos on the car.

Someone mentioned that the car kinda looked like a "pig" so the design side came up with this interesting paint scheme, which gave the car the nickname "Pink Pig". BTW, all the labels are in German so others who know what they mean can chime in with the real labels.

Here's some links for some photos of models of this car:

http://www.iol.ie/~donohoer/0Porsche_917-20_Pink_Pig.htm

Porsche_917-20_Pink_Pig_front_quarter.jpg

Porsche_917-20_Pink_Pig_rear_quarter.jpg

Bart

I know what "schwanz" means, but nothing else. :banana:
The German, I mean, I think I can translate "Shell."

Calling someone a "Schinken", well I don't know. Kind of doesn't have the same warmth as calling them a schwanz.

"You're a Wamme!" That might be "You're a weiner" but it's definitely another swing and a miss verbally.

I knew I never shoulda posted a pic till the car was painted a different color :(

Back
Top Bottom