1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

A Reminder about Ebay and Audiokarma

Discussion in 'AK News' started by Grumpy, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Even I forget at times to use the link but, if you can remember even sometimes, it would help. Thanks Grumpy

3. rBuckner

rBuckner Luv 2 Restore Subscriber

I have buttons in both IE and Firefox for eBay and I copied the link into the web page box. Now it will be automatic. You can access that box by right clicking on the button and selecting "Properties" from the drop down menu.

This assumes that the link you posted will do the same thing as clicking the button on AK's site. Is that correct?

4. Grumpy

Yes sir, Thank you !

5. Grumpy

Oh and I forgot, for those that shop on Amazon here is our affiliate link for them http://www.amazon.com/ Thanks again Grumpy

6. avguytx

avguytx AK Subscriber Subscriber

Credit for what? What's the deal with specific links?

7. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

thanks for the support, those of you who use the affiliate program.

If you first go to ebay using the affiliate link, then search out your items, when you win your item, ebay sends a small portion to AK. A cash 'thank you' from ebay to AK for the 'referral'.

If everybody did all their ebay and other buying through the affiliate program, things might be very different here.

8. peterfranks

peterfranks Super Member

links now saved in favorites.
    thanks

9. jhtstone

jhtstone StarShine 10/23/2014

Yes, please confirm the Amazon link.

Otherwise, thanks for the reminder.

10. Grumpy

Sure will and thanks !

11. Gridslayer

Gridslayer This and that... Subscriber

Maybe put these on the AK banner at the top? Sure would get a lot more attention...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Stephen J

Stephen J Suum Cuique

How so ? . :scratch2:

13. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

For all the ebaying that the membership does, every time someone fails to use the affiliate link, AK misses out on free money. That money could contribute to the cost of high-powered dedicated servers, or forum software upgrades, better (read: more expensive) chat software, just to name a few, off the top of my head.

Thinking further, perhaps more money for VOA, contests/giveaways, Grumpy could keep his records, instead of auctioning them off for AK...

I'm sure there are other things that are not coming to mind, at the moment.

You get my drift.

14. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

That's what I was thinking Ernie and every time I see Dave's auctions. Some of use forget the cost involved and the effort put out, I'll try to remember.

15. Beatnik

Beatnik What's this ?

16. Freds.Bands

Freds.Bands Live Music Listener Subscriber

I want to do this. But I see no favorites on Mac Firefox nor any button on AK. I dont know how to do that on Firefox and cant edit my existing bookmarks.

17. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

Will the link work for ebay Germany? If not how can I link my ebay.de account to assure the stipend is given to AK? Same question applies to Amazon. If I can make it work I'll be happy to do so.

Cheers,
    James

18. Tarl Of Gor

Tarl Of Gor AK Subscriber Subscriber

Wow, I didn't know that we had links to these sites! I but a fair share of vinyl from amazon.co.uk - is there a link for them too?

19. jcamero

jcamero You Can't Close the Door When the Wall's Caved IN! Subscriber

I'm In!

20. audiojones

audiojones Jonesin' for audio Subscriber

Me too, set mine up the other day. What about the Amazon link? Looks like the regular old Amazon link to me, are we sure that one's right?