a restored 1977 system in the "Music Room"

Gotta get some plasma balls to go with them lava lamps ... ;-}

Some AudioKarma favorites, the Onkyo TX4500, Realistic Optimus 5B w/ VideoLady Xover mod and the nine year newer Denon DP-37F. This is my secondary system in what I refer to as the Music Room.
View attachment 860344 View attachment 860345
Hope you enjoy my man cave.
I have that same TT. Bought nice second hand with Grado M+ cart with unknown hours. Thinking of 8MZ stylus replacement. An easy to use auto table. What cart do you use?
Nice setup.

Nice retro setup.

Now all you need is a 1977 Cadillac parked out in the driveway. ;)

10690324076_ba775de953_b.jpg

022_zpsdaf9236a.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the era of caddy with the 425 and the 4 wheel vented discs?

Yes 425.

Fleetwood Brougham, Eldorado & Seville had 4 wheel discs but DeVilles had discs in the front only with rear drums. This is a Coupe deVille so rear drums on this car. Frankly I prefer that format because rear calipers are known to freeze up on these cars by owners not setting the parking brake often enough.

Good catch though!

I have that same TT. Bought nice second hand with Grado M+ cart with unknown hours. Thinking of 8MZ stylus replacement. An easy to use auto table. What cart do you use?
Nice setup.

I'm using an AT440MLA on it.

Nice retro setup.

Now all you need is a 1977 Cadillac parked out in the driveway. ;)

I turned 16 in 1977 and that would have been a sweet party car. It wouldn't be very collectable after I was through with it, I tended to be hard on automobiles back then.

Ah ok, wasn't sure if the rear disc carried to all models. I looked at a '77 Fleetwood probably 20 years ago. It was excellent mechanically, but there was too much rust. Clearly it had been outside too much, and not used. Would have loved to rocked that monster tho!

Found a pair of JBL L19 speakers for cheap and am in the process of restoring and upgrading them for in this room. I bought a pair of them back with one of my first real paychecks in 1978, but then later sold them pursuing the sound. Always regretted it and wanted another pair. Funny thing is these even have orange stickers on back showing they were bought from the exact same place I had bought mine, Sunrise Electronics. The L19 first came out in 77 so they even continue my room theme. Will post photos once they are done and in place.

Back
Top Bottom