a restored 1977 system in the "Music Room"

After listening to familure songs and much fiddling with position and tone controls I then measured using the AudioTools spectrum analyzer from my seated position a got this plot (no smoothing). With my hearing cutting off below 50 Hz and above 15K Hz I am pretty much The limiting factor here.

IMG_0410.JPG

Last edited:
It says it is imported by Benchmaster of Anaheim, CA on the bottom label. I bought it at from a furniture store here in PA. It is of course an imitation of an Eames style chair. It seems to be made of quality materials, faux buckskin leather, rosewood looking base, brushed nickel back rest lock leavers. I always wanted to own a nice leather chair to relax in and I thought this was a comfortable good looking choice. The ottoman opens up to store stuff in, I keep mine full of audio equipment schematics and notes from rebuilding tube amps. Of course an audiophile chair would have a low back seat for reduced reflections. :beatnik:

Great room! Great setup!

Is that one of the Japanese Epis?

I have a 65 Olympic- it would have been around Melody Maker level, with the batwing. I went out looking for one of the Coronet/Wilshire/Crestwood/Olympic Epis... Back then, they were worth nothing. I broke the headstock in the late 90s, got it routed for a P-90. It smokes. But I'm just a sucker for those Epiphone double cuts like that.

I am not familure enough to say for certain it was my brother's from in the 60s. I have read the non-batwing double row head is a little more desirable. This one doesn't have tremolo, so could be 62 when it was still optional.

Made some needed changes after a output transistor took a crap in the Onkyo. First is the Magnavox console stereo amp I converted awhile back into a stand alone integrated amp, a little 6N3 pre amp I put together on a base to amplify the phono pre a little bit more, a Hagerman phono pre (under the left candle), an Empire 598 turntable with a Rek O Kut/Jelco replacement tonearm, then finally the JBL L19s discussed already above. So now it is just the Music Room.

IMGP6686.jpg

IMGP6683.jpg

Back
Top Bottom