A short video about where I'm from

theophile

Pheasant Plucker
Subscriber
The Sunshine Coast is a beautiful region of Australia, and I wanted to show the AK members a little video about it. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed! Thank you for sharing that video. I enjoyed watching it. I would love to go for an extended visit. Maybe some day.

Did you guys notice the distinct lack of crowds in that video? That is both one of the charms of Australia and one of the biggest dangers. Perfect if everything goes to plan, but if you get into trouble and you need assistance pronto, that same lack of other people can spell your doom. :thmbsp: and :thumbsdn:

Australia is in the main an astonishingly beautiful wild unforgiving place.

Did you guys notice the distinct lack of crowds in that video? That is both one of the charms of Australia and one of the biggest dangers. Perfect if everything goes to plan, but if you get into trouble and you need assistance pronto, that same lack of other people can spell your doom. :thmbsp: and :thumbsdn:

Australia is in the main an astonishingly beautiful wild unforgiving place.

QFT . . .

Heading to Kakadu we couldn't even pick up a radio station 50 km from Darwin :yes:

My wife was viciously attacked in Queensland a few miles south of Port Douglas in 1993.

picture.php

Roger

Did you guys notice the distinct lack of crowds in that video? That is both one of the charms of Australia and one of the biggest dangers.

Exactly what I was thinking about after seeing the video.

That's a lot of nature. I love it.:thmbsp:

GAWD ! A tourist promo. Hardly representative.

But the above warnings about taking the country for granted are worthwhile. Woman was drowned yesterday in Sydney Harbour. Somehow got washed away while having her tourist photo taken ...!?

BEAUTIFUL place, but don't Australia have more things that can/will EAT you than about anywhere else ? Altho walking a Wombat would be a big Hoot... I don't think THEY will eat you..(grin)

Funny cos Wombles are nocturnal. Often hear one munching the front lawn at night. Doesn't seem to be up to doing the 5 acres tho. Snorted at me like a horse from the dark the other night when I almost P'd on it from the deck.

Tell 'em about the weather Theo!

Last snowed here in the Ice Ages. Summer day time temperatures average at 30 degrees Celsius(86 Fahrenheit). Winter one can expect the day to warm up to 21 degrees C (around 70 degrees F). Gets humid in Summer but just go for a swim and that takes the edge off things.

This place is all about taking advantage of natural wonders. Beaches. Bushwalking. Climbing. Sailing. Camping. Canoeing. Lots of fresh air, and unlike Darwin, you can swim in our river systems and salt water beaches with little fear of 15 foot long Crocodiles.

The Sunshine Coast isn't overdeveloped (yet). The place is populated enough that you won't feel like you are bored to death should you feel the need for a bit of the pleasures of civilization. Yet should you want to skip away to be enveloped by Nature it takes about 20 minutes to escape the Tourist attractions.

Northern New South Wales and South East Queensland are both considered the ideal lifestyle areas of Australia and are the places to which other Australians come when they take their holidays in Australia. Come take a look one day. :thmbsp:

Noosa Overview

beachmap.gif

Noosa-Heads-9023132-Original.jpg

Noosa marks the Northernmost boundary of the Sunshine Coast. It's National Park is regarded as one of the jewels in the crown of the Sunshine Coast's natural splendors. It more than deserves that merit. For non-surfers a beautiful natural laid back place to take a family holiday. When the swell is up surfers seem to sprout from the woodwork. People literally come from hundreds of miles away to surf Noosa's points when they are firing in a cyclone swell.

Noosa Main Beach

This is where most of Noosa's tourist accommodation is, and for 98% of the year is just knee high waves. Regarded as a safe place for children to have a splash in the ocean.

Noosa-surf-Sunshine-Coast-Queensland-Australia-Source-discoverqueensland.com_.au_.jpg

Here's an aerial shot of Noosa Main Beach looking back the other way. Notice First Point firing at the bottom of the photo.

noosa-main-beach-aerial.jpg

Back
Top Bottom