A simple approach for the simple guy.

Been there done that.
7 humans, 3 little dogs, 2 guinea pigs and 1 monster cat. Now one 30" inch dust mop takes about 3 minutes to sweep the whole house out the back door each day.
All carpet gone. Love it.
And that quilt behind the chairs has a memory foam mattress topper behind it. Very effective.
I dug deep into my infinite wisdom and knowledge to do an ill advised job of stacking all those speakers in such a way as to take advantage of that highly reflective custom hand laid floor.
In other words the Pioneer CS99a, Kenwood KL777a and Knight 12 inch full range need it. On the other wall the Fisher can play nothing but organ by design from what I can tell. And the big ElectroVoice Empire is packed full of horns that would drown out the 15" woofer if it had no help from the floor.
The rest were place with upmost precision while paying great attention to proper angle of first wall reflection. I was amazed how bloomy a little 24" tall 2 way box speaker can get if stuck to close and parallel to anything. Seems you can have one or the other, but not both.
And all that stuff in the rack between the speakers? Apparently quite refractive.
A little goes a long way. All one needs to do is muttle through with great vigor.

Last edited:
View attachment 1159467
This is one of my favourite soul albums i love it.
Wifey is away in brisbane tonight through work so i've just been chillin listening to some nice soul and disco stuff since coming home from work
Here's my veiw atm
View attachment 1159469

Not merely (much) more pleasing to the eye but (likely) has superior SQ as well to the mess(es) depicted and described in the OP.

Also love DeVaughn's 1974 masterpiece LP, an essential "element" and cornerstone, along w/ Doris Duke's I'm A Loser (1970), of a respectable Deep Soul~Disco Soul collection.

Back
Top Bottom