A simple device that rips my CD's and then plays then?

When it comes to say an "old school approach to whole house audio" setup - I have 3 rooms and a garage, all with analog stereos/receivers providing the speaker power (all made in 1970's) - I went in another direction.

I wanted but one source, yet listenable in any or all rooms. So, I bought a CCRadio FM transmitter and performed the output mod on it. Plug the FM2 into my PC or even my tablet, voila. All I need is an FM tuner for the rooms (either a component tuner or receiver). It's a simple solution to merge old school with new school. Of course, I needed to up my FM tuner game to do this (wasn't hard, horsetrader of equipment that I am), but it works pretty much issue free. Working in the garage? Fire up the PC and transmitter, go to the garage and turn on the receiver, tune it to the frequency.

Simple, versatile. And the price was easily doable ($50 versus who knows what), and oh my did it simplify things for I already had my entire lifetime of music either digitally recorded or ripped to FLAC on my hard drive. Low fi? Sure, but 3 of the rooms I don't have expensive or high end rigs in them anyway. And my Man Cave I don't really listen to music via ripped material anyway (CD changer).

And I can also stream stuff off the internet to all rooms too. MLB, radio programs from out of state/streaming stations, etc.

Works for me. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom